Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got my black m3lr coming September and wanted the performance 20's uburturbine wheels but can't warrant 4-5k-if thats the price, so will probably go down the aftermarket route, just wondering what others have done would be nice to see some pic's etc, stock is the aero 18's I wasn't keen on the sport 19's upgrade from Tesla, im not sure if to keep the car all black or go bronze/gold on the rims, and should I go 19's or 20's...

thanks Paul.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
TST wheels look pretty good value, and should theoretically be reasonably light as they are “flow forged” which is a slightly more sophisticated approach than a lot of replica wheel manufacturers take.

I assume you’re doing this for aesthetic reasons? The 18” wheels are pretty light. Certainly compared to big, cheap aftermarket ones. The ride is a lot better too - and obviously range. I’ve stuck with them.

If you do change, then my opinion is go for something relatively bright. I’m not a big fan of dark wheels, as they don’t give the car the same planted look as a lighter colour.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah the T Sportline wheels do look good and they do an uberturbine style in 19 which would be a nice compromise:

$2,060 + $300 shipping + £? import costs (20% VAT plus some other bits maybe?). That's without tyres mind.

I think they are very trustworthy as have been doing aftermarket Tesla wheels since the early Model S days, made to exact specs for Tesla fitment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, just got my delivery date not till end of September, il prob get the car first & get the 2 week period done in case there's any issues etc and then looking to order some, ithey do like nice on that tst wheels etc-its mainly visual cosmetics but obviously want tp keep them light and not interfere with the range to much etc

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have just noticed they have put them on sale now with a bit of discount applied!
Duty rate will depend on the tariff code of the items. VAT is applicable to the value of goods and the shipping, plus any customs clearance charges. You might also need some new TPMS if you are leaving the stock wheels as a spare set.
I did look at importing a set, but in the end i struck lucky and found a virtually brand new set of 20" performance on eBay. Not cheap, but cheaper than importing and paying all of the associated costs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just noticed they have put them on sale now with a bit of discount applied!
Duty rate will depend on the tariff code of the items. VAT is applicable to the value of goods and the shipping, plus any customs clearance charges. You might also need some new TPMS if you are leaving the stock wheels as a spare set.
I did look at importing a set, but in the end i struck lucky and found a virtually brand new set of 20" performance on eBay. Not cheap, but cheaper than importing and paying all of the associated costs.
thanks for the info, yes thats my only concern with importing wheels over at this current time, did you get the new performance uburturbines 20's? what did you pay as new Tesla service quoting around 4k, cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a set of genuine matt black 20''s that came off a Sept 20 performance (Pre uburturbines) which has done just 1.5k miles. I got them for just over £2k. I was lucky as they don't pop up that often.
ok thanks il keep an eye out on eBay etc, prob to early to tell but what they like compared to normal aero 18's, much difference in ride and is there much difference on range etc

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
These worked fine for my winter wheel set.

·
Registered
260 Posts
These worked fine for my winter wheel set.

2021 are Bluetooth though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts