Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Model 3 alarm just went off on my driveway (no idea why but that's irrelevant). But all it emitted was the loud beeping noise and no music. I thought it was supposed to play the Bach music on full volume as well? Or is this feature omitted from UK Model 3s? Perhaps there's a setting that I have to turn on although I can't find one and there's no mention of it in the user manual. My sentry mode was off when the alarm started, not sure if that had any effect?

Any clues?

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
400 Posts
I have had music go off. Not just Bach but also some German heavy thrash metal. I quite liked it. My poor dad though. Had his hands over his ears until I got back. I was off paying for a parking ticket :oops: I don't think he would of lasted for very long in there. This was for 5 seconds at most.

Both times someone was actually in the car. So the music may only go off if it senses someone inside the car rather than just movement from outside.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
The music fires if you're outside the car, but requires sentry mode to be on. It may be geofenced to be off when it's at home - check the settings.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The music fires if you're outside the car, but requires sentry mode to be on. It may be geofenced to be off when it's at home - check the settings.
After a couple of YouTube searches, it appears this may be the problem.

Apparently the music only goes off when Sentry mode is activated. Whereas if you do not have Sentry mode on then only the normal car alarm will go off (no music). I'll have to test the Sentry mode alarm at some point without annoying my neighbours.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Both times someone was actually in the car. So the music may only go off if it senses someone inside the car rather than just movement from outside.
So is the solution to turn off walk-away lock (or let it lock then unlock with the app) if you are leaving someone in the car?

I guess with my wife I could associate her phone with the car so it knows she is there... but I wouldn't want to do that with everyone I might travel with.

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
400 Posts
So is the solution to turn off walk-away lock (or let it lock then unlock with the app) if you are leaving someone in the car?

I guess with my wife I could associate her phone with the car so it knows she is there... but I wouldn't want to do that with everyone I might travel with.
Yeah I think dog mode is probably best for people in the car.
The other time it went off was when getting my tyres changed over. Left the car open so they could get access. Got an alert on my phone that the alarm was going off so just turned of Sentry remotely. Did get some laughs from the guys though. They had never seen anything like it and were confused why it just turned itself off. Thought it was just the radio. In fact it was me on the bus up the road.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
Thanks for the tip.

I will report back on how my divorce is going after switching on Dog Mode next time I am in the car with my wife. 🤣
Maybe Tesla need to add ‘Wifey’ mode which would play soothing music and show the log fire? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts