·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got recommendations for an M3 boot liner that:
  • is reasonable quality
  • has a fold line and no lip, so that I can access the sub-boot easily
  • is actually available in the UK?
So far all I can find is the bougeRV, but £80 for a liner seems steep.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought this one a few weeks ago since I also use the sub-boot pretty often and thought the fold line sounded like a good idea. Same price but not sure if it is the same as the BougeRV one. It was shipped folded into quarters (not rolled up) and there are no creases remaining in mine after I installed it. It's a good fit and there's a shaped cut-out in the front edge for easy access to the loop to lift the boot floor panel. It's quite rigid material. So far I'm very pleased with it, works as expected but time will tell what overall quality is like:

Tesla Model 3 3D Cargo Liner Rear Trunk Mat: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Having said that, I've not actually tried one that is more flexible, nor even seen the official Tesla one, to make much judgement about quality or whether the fold line is really all that necessary...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this one a few weeks ago since I also use the sub-boot pretty often and thought the fold line sounded like a good idea. Same price but not sure if it is the same as the BougeRV one. It was shipped folded into quarters (not rolled up) and there are no creases remaining in mine after I installed it. It's a good fit and there's a shaped cut-out in the front edge for easy access to the loop to lift the boot floor panel. It's quite rigid material. So far I'm very pleased with it, works as expected but time will tell what overall quality is like:

Tesla Model 3 3D Cargo Liner Rear Trunk Mat: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Having said that, I've not actually tried one that is more flexible, nor even seen the official Tesla one, to make much judgement about quality or whether the fold line is really all that necessary...
Thanks - that one looks good if a bit ££. Slightly concerned about this review though, mine is Sept 2020 - what vintage is your m3?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,499 Posts
I bought this from Amazon. Though not had much use so far it seems to be good and is flexible enough to easily access the sub-boot and even has a wee nick out to access the tab to lift the floor. This particular one is out of stock but knowing Amazon there will be other sellers with something very similar if not the same and using the same photographs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what vintage is your m3?
Mine is June 2020. I haven't picked up anywhere that the trunk is different in recent Model 3's; certainly the frunk has changed since late August-ish so maybe this guy was getting his review confused with an order for a frunk mat instead?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is June 2020. I haven't picked up anywhere that the trunk is different in recent Model 3's; certainly the frunk has changed since late August-ish so maybe this guy was getting his review confused with an order for a frunk mat instead?
A confused amazon reviewer? Surely not!?? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought this and it's a good quality carpet and a perfect fit. It doesn't fold but I didn't want that, I prefer the smooth uninterrupted look. And it's no big deal opening the sub boot with this carpet over the top.

Boot carpet

I also bought this as a protective cover for when I go to the tip. Also works really well and stows in the sub boot.

Boot protector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts