Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anyone please tell me the length of the home charge cable you get with the model 3 as i cant find any info on it

·
Registered
675 Posts
do you mean the type 2 32A cable, or do you mean the ICCB (granny cable)? you could use either to charge at home depending on what your charging options are.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was more referring to the granny cable which goes into a 3 pin plug

But is the cable for a 7kwh home charge station any longer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Granny cable is about 6 metres I think. Type2 cable is 4 metres.
I'm not 100% sure about the 6 metres. I have to use an extension cable for my granny cable to reach.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Type 2 cable that came with my car is 7 metres. But some people have been getting shorter ones and I'm not sure how they decide who gets what. Possible that the 4 metre cable is now standard after I bought mine? Best to ask Tesla.

I don't know the exact length of my granny cable as I've only used it once but seems to be about what RobM said (6m).

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Type 2 cable that came with my car is 7 metres.
My Type 2 cable is also huge like this (Menekes brand blue one), quite a beast as it is 3-phase as well to support 11kW charging. I think the charging cables/mats/towbar kits etc are added during PDI or at local service center before collection, so you will probably get whatever Type 2 cables Tesla have bought in at the time, so not necessarily a guarantee on length or brand. The 3-pin UMC cable is a standard Tesla part in a Tesla case so I’d expect should be the same for all.

Reactions: lanerboy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts