Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 19" Sport wheels are back as a £1,450 option again. White interior is unavailable on the SR+, only an option on the premium interior versions now..

Deliveries still showing as March.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19” Sport wheels disappeared as a config option last September. Nice to see them back. Perhaps they’re only doing the premium interior with white to reduce build complexity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Upselling.. gotta have a reason to go premium esp. since the internet stuff seems to have been enabled on SR+ these days.

·
Registered
675 Posts
:( why are they messing with the SR+ interior.
Do they really make that much more out of the LR. If there was a price to add the full premium interior with the heated seats and upgraded audio I 100% would have paid for it. I really can't see how it's more cost efficient to run two different productions where different rear seats and looms are installed and subs are fitted.
How much extra would it really cost SR+ owners to just standardise the interior, so you're just paying for extra motors and batteries. Would an extra £200 on the full cost of an SR+ really put people off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
:( why are they messing with the SR+ interior.
Do they really make that much more out of the LR. If there was a price to add the full premium interior with the heated seats and upgraded audio I 100% would have paid for it. I really can't see how it's more cost efficient to run two different productions where different rear seats and looms are installed and subs are fitted.
How much extra would it really cost SR+ owners to just standardise the interior, so you're just paying for extra motors and batteries. Would an extra £200 on the full cost of an SR+ really put people off?
I thought all M3 had the heated rear seats installed, just not switched on in the software. They also have all the speakers installed bar the sub.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,611 Posts
Could it be to match what is currently being transported? Wheels are easily changed once they have filled all the orders for cars with standard cars, interiors would need another shipment.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I thought all M3 had the heated rear seats installed, just not switched on in the software. They also have all the speakers installed bar the sub.
Nope, there was a few very early ones from the first boat that still had the rear heated seats (that later got disabled in software) but they soon lost the heated seat, and even the loom connector is missing.
That's why I'm confused, there can't really be much saving in running a different production with different looms and seats. At the end of the day what's the real difference in cost between paying for two different sets of configuration and paying for a few plugs, wire and a basic sub.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Nope, there was a few very early ones from the first boat that still had the rear heated seats (that later got disabled in software) but they soon lost the heated seat, and even the loom connector is missing.
Interesting.... Ours has them (and they worked for the first few days before they got disabled). Any links to details on the loom change etc?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Interesting.... Ours has them (and they worked for the first few days before they got disabled). Any links to details on the loom change etc?
My SR+ was delayed until the beginning of sept, when I checked the Performance from August it has plugs in the loom on either side of the seat for the pressure sensor and heaters. My SR+ only has the connectors for the pressure sensor. I was going to pull the seat out of the performance and put it in the SR+ to see if it would recognise the heater, but there's no plugs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My SR+ was delayed until the beginning of sept, when I checked the Performance from August it has plugs in the loom on either side of the seat for the pressure sensor and heaters. My SR+ only has the connectors for the pressure sensor. I was going to pull the seat out of the performance and put it in the SR+ to see if it would recognise the heater, but there's no plugs.
Interesting. Our SR+ was delivered 28th august, and literally came off the ship at grimsby that morning, on the transporter and we collected 4pm. The rear heated seats are definitely present and worked for the first week - I know, because I toasted my husband's buns... :devilish:

Surprising that yours, which presumably was on the same ship from SF to Zeebrugge, does not.

·
Registered
531 Posts
One of the few voice commands that I can get to work is to ask the car to turn on heated seats. Including rear seats. But I only have a SR+ so the display indicates that the verbal command has been actioned but obviously no heating detected.

·
Registered
510 Posts
One of the few voice commands that I can get to work is to ask the car to turn on heated seats. Including rear seats. But I only have a SR+ so the display indicates that the verbal command has been actioned but obviously no heating detected.
I'm confused. Do you rear seats heat up when you command via voice?

·
Registered
531 Posts
The display indicates the voice command has been actioned. However, no, the rear seats do not heat up. Only the front seats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts