Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tesla certainly do things there own way, 9 of us picking up cars at the same time. It was a quick run through of the basic controls and locking, unlocking etc, before being given the keycards and going out to our cars, members of staff were on hand to help with setups and questions. Overall I was pleased to say the experience was pretty good and it was nice to chat with others waiting to pick up there cars. My first drive was straight to a company to get a full paint protection film wrap, so although it was only a short drive it felt incredibly smooth and comfortable, the car feels extremely quick. I couldn't see any issues with the car at all, so really happy to have finally taken delivery

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
My first drive was straight to a company to get a full paint protection film wrap, so although it was only a short drive it felt incredibly smooth and comfortable, the car feels extremely quick. I couldn't see any issues with the car at all, so really happy to have finally taken delivery
Can you say a bit more about that? Cost, location, did you wait whilst it was done, etc?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Another Joe
Took my car to a company called Creative FX, they are in Bromley which is roughly 15 miles from the Dartford Tesla, I had to leave it as they said it will be 3 to 4 days. The cost of the full ppf wrap is £2,900 quite pricey but im intending to keep my model 3 for a good few years, so hoping this will help keep it looking good for longer. This wrap comes with a 10 year guarantee against yellowing and peeling etc hope this helps

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So ive finally got my model 3, could I ask opinions regarding charging, whats best for the battery, you hear lots of different information. My work commute is about 25 miles round trip, do i charge each day, 80% seems in general terms what most people do. Would be great to hear lot of opinions on this

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,654 Posts
So ive finally got my model 3, could I ask opinions regarding charging, whats best for the battery, you hear lots of different information. My work commute is about 25 miles round trip, do i charge each day, 80% seems in general terms what most people do. Would be great to hear lot of opinions on this
Don’t charge every day if you don’t need to. Just keep it between 20% and 80%. You may only need to charge it once a week for your normal routine, and then an extra charge if you’re doing any additional journeys.

You’ve always got superchargers for a short notice longer journey, but keep supercharging to a minimum where possible.

Charge up to 100% every now and again, but then use it immediately so it doesn’t sit at that SoC for too long.

When leaving the car for a longer period, such as while abroad, keep it between 40% and 60%. Make allowances for vampire drain of 1-2 kWh per day so you don’t return to a car with not enough range to get home from the airport.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don’t charge every day if you don’t need to. Just keep it between 20% and 80%. You may only need to charge it once a week for your normal routine, and then an extra charge if you’re doing any additional journeys.

You’ve always got superchargers for a short notice longer journey, but keep supercharging to a minimum where possible.

Charge up to 100% every now and again, but then use it immediately so it doesn’t sit at that SoC for too long.

When leaving the car for a longer period, such as while abroad, keep it between 40% and 60%. Make allowances for vampire drain of 1-2 kWh per day so you don’t return to a car with not enough range to get home from the airport.
If you are only doing 25 miles most days I suggest you charge every day but it keep it in the 60% to 40% range. There are mixed views on the benefit of charging to 100% occasionally to 'balance' the battery cells. My view is don't charge to 100% unless you need to for a long journey. And then, as EVE7 says, only do that when you are going to use the car immediately the charge is complete. The main every day use recommendation is keep within 80% to 20% ... but I have seen charts indicating that batteries last longer if kept within 60% to 40%.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have had my car for a week now, and i have noticed during the day time while sitting in my works car park i seem to be losing about 6 miles a day from the range, is this normal for a model 3 and should I expect that to increase during colder weather, not something that seemed to happen with the leaf i owned previously. Would appreciate feed back on this please

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes I have notice I lose 3-6 miles. I think when the app 'wakes it up' it has a draw, and also if you enter the car it enables stuff which will use power. When asleep the car will draw down for sentry mode and alarm etc, and may also perform some battery management (guessing here).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for your help toscal365, I'm loving my car and don't want to be ringing Tesla every 5 minutes regarding things that are probably normal

21 - 33 of 33 Posts