Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To double down on scuffing the winter aeros, my wife has also just reversed into the garage wall, and put a couple of dents in the boot lid.

Had anyone had any dents repaired yet? You can add it as a service item via the app

Could just replace the boot lid or get the dents repaired it's not broken the paint just scuffed the lacquer.

Thoughts appreciated

·
Registered
254 Posts
And replace your wife too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all the answers, it's chipped the paint down to the primer in one place, I thought it hadn't got thru the clear coat and also taken a chip out of the bumper, so I don't think we can go down the PDR route. Currently talking to a Tesla approved repairer thru insurance.

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Thanks for all the answers, it's chipped the paint down to the primer in one place, I thought it hadn't got thru the clear coat and also taken a chip out of the bumper, so I don't think we can go down the PDR route. Currently talking to a Tesla approved repairer thru insurance.
You can still do PDR if the chip is small. They just apply a special touch up paint and polish it out. I’ve done it.

It doesn’t cost anything to get a PDR chap to appraise it. Last thing you want is to pay for a respray for the wife to do the same thing again. ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you take it in to Tesla they may use a local PDR outfit anyway depending on the damage. I've seen the same PDR Mitsubishi pickup coming out of the Leeds Tesla SC workshop twice now and I've only been there four times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts