Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a quick price check at the compare the market for a tesla model 3 and the price being quoted on average is wopping 1700£ yearly with 0 excess. i have had my licence since 8 years with 3 years no claims bonuses.
any thoughts hightly appretiated please

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Increase the excess.
Hi there,
thanks for the reply! i did increase the excess to 350 and the price quoted is not that substantial. having said that i did not try ramping up the excess to 1000£. may be it might make a difference then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just tried the direct line and the price is not that different. the only diff i find with the rest of the insurance portals is the excess (they have an excess of 2-3K).

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Maybe. Postcode is also a big deal, as is profession.

Try playing with those to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah car parked overnight in garage! interesting! will try that out! thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
79 Posts
ah car parked overnight in garage! interesting! will try that out! thanks for the replies guys!
Be careful with that though. I was offered a policy on that basis that included a term that the car was not covered if parked within 2 miles of my home between 11 pm and 7 am, unless in the garage.

Some insurers also add a premium for garage parking as they feel the risk of accidental damage is higher parking in a narrow garage.

As always shop around and compare the small print.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be careful with that though. I was offered a policy on that basis that included a term that the car was not covered if parked within 2 miles of my home between 11 pm and 7 am, unless in the garage.

Some insurers also add a premium for garage parking as they feel the risk of accidental damage is higher parking in a narrow garage.

As always shop around and compare the small print.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
god! its not straight forward is it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i am kind of digressing from the central topic here, apologies. but i would like to know if live google maps really make a difference in autonomous driving (i mean would the car reroute itself based on the trafffic conditions)?. the reason i ask is the tesla model 3 standard range plus does not come with live google traffic.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
and i am kind of digressing from the central topic here, apologies. but i would like to know if live google maps really make a difference in autonomous driving (i mean would the car reroute itself based on the trafffic conditions)?. the reason i ask is the tesla model 3 standard range plus does not come with live google traffic.
Instead of google why don't you use Waze?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so let me get this straight. i set a route point A to B and lets assume that the route tesla opts to choose has lot of traffic. so the car will not re route itself to avoid the traffic then?this is in autonomous mode where the car drives by itself.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
so let me get this straight. i set a route point A to B and lets assume that the route tesla opts to choose has lot of traffic. so the car will not re route itself to avoid the traffic then?this is in autonomous mode where the car drives by itself.
NoA currently only indicates lane change and may take an exit ramp of the motorway. It won't navigate you the entire journey yet.

The satnav will re-route around heavy traffic, whatever version you buy. You just won't see the traffic visualisation on the non-premium version.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Model 3 detects real-time traffic conditions and automatically adjusts the estimated driving and arrival times based on traffic. In situations where traffic conditions will delay your estimated time of arrival and an alternate route is available, the navigation system can reroute you to your destination. You need to enable online routing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so whether the car has live traffic or not wouldnt make a difference for autonomous driving then? live traffic is only for the driver visualisation then. this is great!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts