Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got a quote from LV for a M3P of £375, the car is insured in my wife's name as my NCB is being used on another vehicle and I am a named driver, when I ticked to say I would be the main driver it went up to £480... go figure that one. Both have clean licences and no claims ever.

Got it down to to £430 by increasing the voluntary excess to £500.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It is out of order that you cannot transfer no claims bonus to a second car!
If you bump another car you own, all the insurance companies (I have three) have to be informed yet when taking out a new insurance it starts from scratch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rang Admiral and they have given me an extra 8 years NCB on my wife's policy as she has been a named driver on my policy for a long time (i have 21 years NCB accumulated)
and got the premium down to £365 on my multicar policy. Can't complain at that. Just need a reg number to get cover in place. Anyone know how long before delivery it is before they issue the number.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rang Admiral and they have given me an extra 8 years NCB on my wife's policy as she has been a named driver on my policy for a long time (i have 21 years NCB accumulated)
and got the premium down to £365 on my multicar policy. Can't complain at that. Just need a reg number to get cover in place. Anyone know how long before delivery it is before they issue the number.
Hi
the amount off time ahead they give you the reg differs alot but got mine text too me about a week before collection,
hope this helps and hope all goes well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just looking at renewals at M3 SR+ due in December (yes I know the M3 hasn’t been in the UK for 12 months yet but my insurance is still due). Looking around £1850 cheapest with 7 years no claims and 32 years driving with no points on licence which is double what the renewal was a few weeks ago 🧐

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Diamond was my original policy on the Model S at about £700 on the renewal they went to £2,300... Moved to LV which very happy with when dealing with house insurance claim and for the last two years it has come it at £600.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pick mine up tomorrow, not had a text with the reg, had black horse finance documents emailed to me and it had a reg on so used that to insure the car. Asked if reg was wrong could I change it and the response 'was yes happens a lot there would be no charge' . (Directline) See what happens tomorrow 😬

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pick mine up tomorrow, not had a text with the reg, had black horse finance documents emailed to me and it had a reg on so used that to insure the car. Asked if reg was wrong could I change it and the response 'was yes happens a lot there would be no charge' . (Directline) See what happens tomorrow 😬
How long before the collection date did you receive your BH docs via email?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Our premiums went up when thieves broken into two occupied houses for keys. Cars to order.

Are teslas worth stealing? With all the tech cant they disable it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
They have made some significant steps to avoid them getting stolen, including PIN to drive, thing is as is normally the case if someone wants it enough they will steal it, even if it means lifting it onto a truck and driving off. you cannot turn off many of the security features now without entering you my Tesla account password which is also good, once again makes it harder and less easy to hop in an drive off.

My thoughts are we are a less attractive market for theft for cars going into Russia etc. since left hand drive, but doesn't stop cars being broken for parts as ebay auctions for bits shows there is a quite a significant demand/ turnover.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On a recent episode of Rich rebuilds he reported that ebay was significantly more expensive than buying new parts from Tesla. One piece of trim he needed was $80 on ebay and Tesla sold him the part for $1.79. Tesla do seem fair when it comes to pricing of parts and that may help suppress the second hand market. The other thing in favour is that there is little trim variation. Audi RS and M Sport parts sell for a premium on ebay as people want to "pimp" their ride and making a lower trim vehicle look more expensive.

The P Model 3's spoiler is literally a stuck on piece of plastic 😂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Managed to get insurance for roughly £700 with Admiral as a 33 year old with 15+ years driving, but with with 0 years no claim and 0 years personal car insurance (as I've only ever rented or been on family plans) Not too shabby, especially as most other providers I checked were 1.5-4k o.0

·
Registered
151 Posts
Our premiums went up when thieves broken into two occupied houses for keys. Cars to order.

Are teslas worth stealing? With all the tech cant they disable it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This really sucks for us too, a lot of thefts in area mean everyone has to pay for it. In terms of being worth stealing, a lot of cars will just get stripped down for parts and in that respects its probably quite valuable to thieves.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts