23 x Monthly Rental @15kpa= £239.99 + VAT

No Initial Rental

36 x Monthly Rentals @10kpa= £431.99+ VAT

36 x Monthly Rentals @12kpa= £449.99+ VAT

36 x Monthly Rentals @15kpa= £484.99+ VAT

Add £120.00 + vat for Long Range Model per month
Add £230.00 + vat a month for Performance AWD per Month
Add £200.00 + vat for Full Self-Driving capability

Not affiliated with them in any way, couple of people here at work have used them several times and rate them, thought it might be of interest for some on here.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Interesting. If I'm not mistaken (I might be), the effective monthly cost for 10kpa miles would be £526 inc. VAT if you went for the deal with £6000 inc. VAT initial payment. Compared to £518.40 per month inc. VAT with no initial payment.

Edit: Oh, it's a 24 vs 36 month term. Makes sense then. Did they give any quotes for a 48 month term?

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,036 Posts
Decent pricing, but Evezy still represents better value, IMO, given what they include and the lack of commitment required. Plus, there is opportunity to both use and earn referral credits....

·
Registered
448 Posts
With Evezy you don't get to choose a car colour and need to use their app to unlock and lock the car, if I'm not mistaken? Small things, but could be annoying to some.

·
1,036 Posts
With Evezy you don't get to choose a car colour and need to use their app to unlock and lock the car, if I'm not mistaken? Small things, but could be annoying to some.
This is true - but I wonder how much the monthly price would increase by if you chose an optional colour with a normal lease.

Plus, as it's a Tesla - you have to either use a phone or the swipe card to lock and unlock anyway.

I've found using the Evezy app actually preferable in 95% of situations to having a normal key fob. My phone is always in my hand as I get in and out of the car anyway, and not having to think 'where are the car keys' is quite nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Decent pricing, but Evezy still represents better value, IMO, given what they include and the lack of commitment required. Plus, there is opportunity to both use and earn referral credits....
Based on 12k miles per year and both inc. VAT over 24 months

EVEZY: £599*24 = £14,376
Central: £6,000 +(23*£281.19) = £12,513.37

Depends how much you value £1,862.63 over 2 years.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

EVEZY amount includes insurance, which is worth at least £500? Plus the luxury tax at £320.

I assume tyres are included as well?

So not far off.

·
1,036 Posts

EVEZY: £599*24 + £9.99 fee - £50 referral = £14,336 (inc. insurance, Polar charging and maintenance inc. tyres)

Central, on a 1+23 for 12k miles: £529.19*24 + £180 fee = £12,880 + insurance (say, £400 per year) + gap insurance (£?) = £13,680 (or if you really want to put £6k on the line, you can get this down to £13,327)

£14,336 vs £13,680 = £27 (or £42 if you'd really risk £6k initial on a lease) per month extra for Evezy which includes free Polar charging and the ability to give the car back at any time after 1 month, if your circumstances change, or you just don't like the car.

If you've got a guaranteed income and are absolutely dead certain about the car, then a 2 year lease is marginally cheaper, and gives you the option to pick a different colour etc, but otherwise, I think Evezy represents a better option for most people. A lot can change within 2 years.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Assuming you can get one from Evezy, there will be simple economics limiting how many they will have, how many do you think they will acquire for people to say, Nah not for me after a couple of months.

The 1st year write down only works if you make some profits to write it off against...

I am not disputing the differences here, they are different products for different customers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A lot can change within 2 years.
We've been hearing the "a lot can change in 2 years" argument for the past decade and at least to me, EV technology (battery & drivetrain tech) is now reasonably mature and Tesla in particular seem to hold value well.

IMO the chances of a breakthrough technology having an unexpected dent on residual value of current EVs is reasonably low and even if a new technology (say solid-state tech) makes it to production, we still need another decade for it to get proven.

However, no harm in leasing if it suits individual needs - all vehicles depreciate. On the positive side, all indications are that emission standards will only get tightened and more cities will continue to impose/expand low emission zones and residual values of EVs stand to benefit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Prices in OP are for business customers, it should be noted.

·
1,036 Posts
We've been hearing the "a lot can change in 2 years" argument for the past decade and at least to me, EV technology (battery & drivetrain tech) is now reasonably mature and Tesla in particular seem to hold value well.

IMO the chances of a breakthrough technology having an unexpected dent on residual value of current EVs is reasonably low and even if a new technology (say solid-state tech) makes it to production, we still need another decade for it to get proven.

However, no harm in leasing if it suits individual needs - all vehicles depreciate. On the positive side, all indications are that emission standards will only get tightened and more cities will continue to impose/expand low emission zones and residual values of EVs stand to benefit.
the ability to give the car back at any time after 1 month, if your circumstances change, or you just don't like the car.

If you've got a guaranteed income and are absolutely dead certain about the car, then a 2 year lease is marginally cheaper, and gives you the option to pick a different colour etc, but otherwise, I think Evezy represents a better option for most people. A lot can change within 2 years.
I meant a lot can change in someone's personal circumstances, where suddenly being committed to £500+ a month, or to a specific type of car, isn't that desirable.

If you have no concern at all with income, or being able to afford the monthly amount no matter what, and are sure the type of car will suit you for the period, then a lease is great. For the very small amount extra though, I think the far better flexibility offered by an offer like Evezy could be a big plus for many people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
this seems like a great deal to me...honestly considering cancelling my order for this instead. I calculated a personal lease over 5 years would cost me £30840.

·
Evezy referral code: 673ee
19 Posts
Been lurking for a while, keen on a tesla M3.

Over 24 months the best total cost (personal) for 10k miles appears to be about 12.5k so this is marginally cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

The deal above for 10k miles works out at 12.3k for a 10k personal lease.

Evezy still looking good when we factor in all the other costs it includes.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do have a question for the EVEZY renters, if you are renting month to month, what rights to you have when EVEZY decide not to rent the car to you next month, assuming for instance they have someone wanting to sign up for 6-12 months?

Probably a question for the EVEZY thread but through of it in response to some of the posts.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts