Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've started to look for companies in DE/NL that work well with UK companies.
Hopefully, I can find an ex-demo in the UK, although I don't think I can find one that's maxed out (white dual mot performance - black trim interior)

Thanks for the feedback, will def. visit Leeds's Tesla offices.
Mobile.de is the biggest car sales site in Germany. It’s like Autotrader is in the UK. If it’s for sale in Germany it’s probably on mobile.de

Don’t worry about calling German dealers If you don’t speak German. Most speak some English and are used to export enquiries.

Ask the dealer to confirm the car is accident-free (unfallfrei). If they say it is, that means something in Germany. Car dealers there don’t lie about this.

Definitely the best place in the EU to buy used cars. Being Germany there are rules for everything and Germans worry about breaking rules.

Each town has a vehicle registration office (Strassenverkehrsamt) where you can buy temporary plates and insurance. Although a good car dealer will do this for you before you arrive to collect the car.

Things to ask for by email before buying:

Copy of sheckheft (service history)
European Certificate of Conformity (Ubereinstimmungbescheinigung) This document has the car’s VIN number on it and confirms it was built for the EU market so can be registered in the UK quickly and easily without requiring an SVA test.
Fahrzeugsbrief & Fahrzeugschein. Two documents that prove beyond doubt that the seller owns the car.

You can buy the car net of VAT in the EU. But you’ll need to pay the VAT here in the UK.

Google HMRC NOVA (Notification of vehicle arrival) and the website will guide you to how to pay the VAT here. immediately the VAT is paid they’ll notify DVLA that it can be registered here.

Again, google DVLA registering imported car from EU and you’ll find the gen you’ll need.

For a car under 3 years old you’ll need the foreign registration documents the dealer gave you, plus the EU certificate of conformity, your UK drivers licence, the cost of the road tax and a completed V55/5 application for vehicle registration form.

Sounds a lot but it’s dead simple.

·
Registered
58 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts