Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have just purchased a model 3 long range but want to get some parts ordered before delivery so they can be installed before I take it out. The problem is I’m new to Tesla so don’t know exactly where to look and who to trust.

The first parts I needs are some 19” Turbine looking wheels and tyres. The long range comes with standard or sports but I don’t like either so looking for a black set of OEM wheels. Can anyone recommend a couple of Goods companies I can get a quote from.

The 2nd is I want to wrap the chrome parts in a black of some sorts. Any ideas would be cool.

Thanks Ryian

·
Registered
249 Posts
Teslabros and Nikola Pro do different (satin, matte, gloss) "chrome delete" (black sticker) kits.

I used Nikola Pro gloss. The mirrors are hard.

·
Registered
901 Posts
There's no OEM turbine wheel for the 3. The model S uses a different sized fitment, so the 19" S wheels won't work.

This is about as close as you'll get: Tesla Model 3 19

·
EGGY
1,175 Posts
I bought a set of wheels from here . They're heavy but then you'd expect that given the amount of material there, not sure they are more aero but I'm getting 280wh/m average since I put them on, 75-80% of that has been on French/Italian motorways ay 80-85 mph.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a set of wheels from here . They're heavy but then you'd expect that given the amount of material there, not sure they are more aero but I'm getting 280wh/m average since I put them on, 75-80% of that has been on French/Italian motorways ay 80-85 mph.
Did you change tyres as well also what wh/m did you get before changing?
They are top of the wish list now!

·
EGGY
1,175 Posts
yup, pilot sport s. car has done 5k miles now (basically 2 trips to Genoa region and back) and from memory is on about 290 wh/mi lifetime of which the first 1k was on 18's. But to be honest it's hard to measure the impact, my next door neighbour has a performance with 20's and he was getting better than me on my 18's, but his driving is mainly local (between 3 hospitals) A roads. I was doing 130 - 135 kmh on my trips. On the second trip I had fitted the KW springs and the car is lower than a performance now, which will also probably impact wh/mi. It seemed more efficient , we stopped at the same places but were getting there with more than predicted by the gym whereas previously we were coming in under the got. As I say, hard to tell but I think they look quite good, better in the flesh

Reactions: Ally

·
EGGY
1,175 Posts

·
EGGY
1,175 Posts
Mine is 3rd from the left with the youngest standing next to it

·
EGGY
1,175 Posts

Reactions: Ally