Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take a road trip so decided to charge my car to 100% for the first time.
When I adjusted the charge indicator on the Tesla app it only showed my car would charge to 302 miles, I was under the impression it should charge to 348
Is this a problem with the car or normal.
Advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
516 Posts
Cold weather?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IanR
Thanks for the reply, I understand that the colder weather effects the range the car will travel, but assumed it would still charge to the miles advertised, have only had the car for a month so still learning

·
Registered
15,854 Posts
The dash uses the 'rated' miles, which is the EPA range of 322 miles.

Charge to 100% and then see what is says in the car.

Then change your display to show % of battery available.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
IanR
Thanks for the reply, I understand that the colder weather effects the range the car will travel, but assumed it would still charge to the miles advertised, have only had the car for a month so still learning
Can you not see the contradiction in those two statements?
If cold weather affects the range (which it does) , the range shown will be lower !
Would you prefer it lied and showed you 348 even if you actually could only do 250 due to driving at 70mph everywhere at 0 C on recent trips ?
You're going to get what you're going to get. If you insist on it displaying 348 whatever you coudl actually do, find a dymo tape, print out 348 and stick it on the appropriate part of the screen.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Even if you charge to 100% the GOM will calculate the mileage on all the different facts, weather, how you drove the car last. It is only a guess after all.

·
Registered
15,854 Posts
Even if you charge to 100% the GOM will calculate the mileage on all the different facts, weather, how you drove the car last. It is only a guess after all.
Not on Teslas.

The only thing that may affect it is the estimated capacity of the battery, which can be affected by cold.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Not on Teslas.

The only thing that may affect it is the estimated capacity of the battery, which can be affected by cold.
So even if your history is driving very fast or very slow consistently, it doesnt take that into account when calculating miles? Which means the GOM is likely to be more of G than many?

·
Registered
449 Posts
There are two range figures in a Tesla M3. One is the top right hand corner by the battery icon. The second is on the Energy Screen (the Options symbol used to make phone calls, then select Energy). The Energy screen can be configured to show future range based on past performance over different milage distances etc. Have a look and see what you think?

·
Registered
15,854 Posts
So even if your history is driving very fast or very slow consistently, it doesnt take that into account when calculating miles? Which means the GOM is likely to be more of G than many?
No. Because it has a separate journey energy prediction app for that.

The rated range should just be deleted as it’s near useless. Most people just have it show % SOC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts