Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have a preorder for the ZS. Test drive was good, happy to proceed. But this week I saw lots of videos about the latest V10 Tesla update and that prompted a re-evaluation of the maths.

Essentially, to own the ZS EV for 4 years will cost me about £17k. That's if you factor in loan interest and eventual value.

I can lease a Model 3 - which lets face it is "better" in most ways - for £22k for 4 years or £18k for 3 years.

It's more. Yes. It also is arguably a much better car (range, quality, software, charging and so on).

Help me!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was once advised: buy the cheapest car that your ego can afford.

I think the MG will hold its value well for a couple of years...
  • supply constraints for all EVs are keeping used prices up
  • MG are buying market share, and that will come to an end so the current discounts will reduce or be removed
  • the PICG will inevitably fall
  • the MG will probably continue to be the most affordable family-sized EV on the market

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get the Tesla lease. If you really want a cuv then don't... But do be aware the model 3 is one of the safest cars in the world. The ZS is one of the least safe cars in the UK, with woeful child survival scores in its euro ncap crash test results.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's a massive decision as despite being able to afford it, I have never spent anything like this on a car.

Leaning more towards the Tesla as I am worried that I'd get the MG and then want the Tesla for the app, range, performance, software updates and so on.

Going to speak to lease company again and check final figures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts