Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

May come across as a stupid question but when you order a model 3 do you place your order plus deposit and then apply for finance, or do you apply for your finance first and then place your order.

Also how long until you find out if your finance has been approved. Never ordered a Tesla so not not to sure. I'm assuming if you place a order with deposit you get taken to a finance page?? :oops::oops::oops:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You do it all on the tesla website. I was never told my finance had been approved, the page just changed from applied to next steps a couple of weeks later, but no news is good news generally. Some people have managed to chase Tesla (or even Blackhorse) for confirmation.

It costs 2k to make the order which forms part of the deposit.. the rest is paid at delivery (which if you apply today could easily be October - don't believe Tesla's initial estimates).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do it all on the tesla website. I was never told my finance had been approved, the page just changed from applied to next steps a couple of weeks later, but no news is good news generally. Some people have managed to chase Tesla (or even Blackhorse) for confirmation.

It costs 2k to make the order which forms part of the deposit.. the rest is paid at delivery (which if you apply today could easily be October - don't believe Tesla's initial estimates).
So you just placed your order and deposit on the first page and then it takes you to a finance page afterwards.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It was a bit more complex for me as finance was in flux when I ordered (was waiting for PCP but decided to go for HP before it became available), but it was all done from the tesla website which links to blackhorse & should be obvious as you go through the process.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to confirm that when you order a model 3 on PCP after paying your deposit, once this has been paid will then next page then take you to apply for finance. Also how long before you know if it has been approved. Still not ordered yet ??‍♀

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at the PCP the price on black horse finance has now changed. It is now coming out cheaper. Not sure the reason. Example was £4000 deposit £450 per month now showing £371. Should I expect this to change by the time I pick the car up?? How accurate is the figures when you go to pick up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts