Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
At the moment it seems white is the default colour and the others cost extra.
Does this mean if you upgrade to a different colour, you get a thicker and better quality finish?
Cheers

·
Registered
974 Posts
Both white and red are multi-coats, aren't they? All the others are normal metallic, or solid in terms of the black. On that basis, the white is better value, especially as it was a cost option previously and the black was the 'free' colour. I'm sure I've seen comments elsewhere about the multi-coats being better paint thickness/quality than the others..

Reactions: Stevedoz

·
Registered
17,363 Posts
Of course for less money you could get a wrap done which would be tougher than any paint. Then you have a bigger choice of colours as well.

·
Registered
17,363 Posts
A wrap for less than a £1000. I thought a decent wrap is at least £2000.
Well, considering multi-coat red is a £2,000 option, I’m sure there’s a place that will do a good job for less.

Especially when you factor in not needing a ceramic coating.

(I’m not mentioning those obsessive that get a wrap and ceramic treatment!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, if you're considering one of the £2000 paint options, then it's def worth looking at a wrap. If it's just a standard £1000 option, then the wrap will be a considerable step up.

The added benefit of the wrap is obviously the quality of the paint when it comes to selling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you wrap a car, what effect does that have when insuring the car? I thought many insurance companies won't cover a car that has been wrapped or charge hefty premiums as a result?

·
Registered
17,363 Posts
If you wrap a car, what effect does that have when insuring the car? I thought many insurance companies won't cover a car that has been wrapped or charge hefty premiums as a result?
Normally you just need to tell them. They won't cover the wrap itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts