Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 1500-mile road trip in my father's Model S, and I am fully persuaded of the joys of Superchargers for long road trips. We've got a deposit on a Model III, and will almost certainly take the plunge when our number is up. In the interim, I'm considering a Chevy Bolt.

What's our best approach if we want to be able to overnight charge both the Bolt and the Model III in our carport? Install a couple of 240v dryer plugs on a 50-amp circuit?

We're in Atlanta (very close to a Supercharger).

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I just got back from a 1500-mile road trip in my father's Model S, and I am fully persuaded of the joys of Superchargers for long road trips. We've got a deposit on a Model III, and will almost certainly take the plunge when our number is up. In the interim, I'm considering a Chevy Bolt.

What's our best approach if we want to be able to overnight charge both the Bolt and the Model III in our carport? Install a couple of 240v dryer plugs on a 50-amp circuit?

We're in Atlanta (very close to a Supercharger).
Not sure what the peak power draw on the bolt will be, but that sound like the simplest option to charge both cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts