Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

it was going to happen at some point, the Model 3 has just been refreshed.

Better range
Better performance
New alloy wheels
Chrome delete
New center console
Power trunk

Same price.

I don't think its a big enough refresh for me to sell my Model 3 Performance for another as I think we will see a bigger change happen after we start getting our RHD cars from Giga Berlin with the new battery cells, better paint and single body fabrications etc via Giga press.
I wonder if Tesla might be able give us the new performance (3.1 seconds) and maybe extra range via a firmware update perhaps on our current cars?

I do have a conundrum as I bought one of the earlier Model 3 Performance cars before the price increase, We Buy Any Car are offering me close to what I paid for my car even though it is over a year old with 17k miles on the clock. Tempting.
However I am thinking another year may only see another small drop in value for my Model 3 tacking into consideration my initial cheaper purchase price vs new, as WBAC seem to be basing their values on the newer higher prices instead of what I originally bought mine for. £49,990 vs £56,490.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Damn, those new aero wheels look pretty good.

It's great news for anyone looking to buy a new Model 3, bad news for me though, just made my Model 3 look slightly old and less valuable.

Oh well, it's still an amazing car

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,735 Posts
I'm liking the new base wheels. Much better.

The Performance version now looks very good with the Uberturbine wheels.

Pretty easy to make your older M3 look like the refreshed one though. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The updates are subtle, but welcome. For those of us who’ve not yet pulled the trigger on a model 3 order it’s great. No mention of a heated wheel though..

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Problem is it's hard to find on the Tesla page what exactly is on the car, so if you wanted some of these upgrades you have no real way of knowing if you are ordering one with them.

Could be worse ... could just remove the car you pre-ordered in Dec 2019 just get removed from the front page. :unsure:

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,396 Posts
Midnight silver with standard aero wheels and chrome delete looks really good.

SR+ now have 250 miles EPA rating. Nice!
(WLTP is as useless as NEDC)

Unfortunately wife is set on Y, so I'll have to wait for Giga Berlin.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wonder if Tesla might be able give us the new performance (3.1 seconds) and maybe extra range via a firmware update perhaps on our current cars?
Would be nice but might be a challenge if the new car incorporates the octovalve and heat pump.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would be nice but might be a challenge if the new car incorporates the octovalve and heat pump.
Yeah your probably right but Tesla do have buffers built into their batteries and the 0.1 second drop could just be a tweek of the motor output slightly? :D lol

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Hi folks,

it was going to happen at some point, the Model 3 has just been refreshed.

Better range
Better performance
New alloy wheels
Chrome delete
New center console
Power trunk

Same price.

I don't think its a big enough refresh for me to sell my Model 3 Performance for another as I think we will see a bigger change happen after we start getting our RHD cars from Giga Berlin with the new battery cells, better paint and single body fabrications etc via Giga press.

I do have a conundrum as I bought one of the earlier Model 3 Performance cars before the price increase, We Buy Any Car are offering me close to what I paid for my car even though it is over a year old with 17k miles on the clock. Tempting.
However I am thinking another year may only see another small drop in value for my Model 3 tacking into consideration my initial cheaper purchase price vs new, as WBAC seem to be basing their values on the newer higher prices instead of what I originally bought mine for. £49,990 vs £56,490.
Remember that the limit for the EV car grant is now £50k so the P no longer qualifies.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There are a handful showing on the inventory now, showing London as the location. Are these here already?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,200 Posts
Are there any side by side images anywhere of the new versus the old one? Power boot is a definite improvement.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Power trunk and the heat pump are probably the two biggest things for me but not enough to entice me to sell up/exchange my current Model 3 and buy the new version. Will be interesting to see what other updates they will implement in a couple of years time as that will then probably be a big enough leap for me to upgrade.

Strangely enough, I much prefer the chrome over the chrome delete.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In another 5-6 years I expect v4 or v5 charge rates, radically better build, better capacity/range, and overall better value for money due to competition. IMO a different mindset is required with Teslas - think smartphone rather than car.

I am super happy with my car and will gladly wait for the next big jump in a few more years - also knowing perfectly well that if I let myself yearn for the latest and greatest, it will be nothing but endless frustration.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts