Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to arrange a test drive on a Model 3, I went on the Tesla website last week but none of the dates were suitable.

Now when I go on the website to book a test drive there are no dates to choose from, you just leave your details and wait for them to call you.
That was a couple of days ago and not heard anything.

Is this because they are overrun with people booking test drives, just seems a bit odd.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am trying to arrange a test drive on a Model 3, I went on the Tesla website last week but none of the dates were suitable.

Now when I go on the website to book a test drive there are no dates to choose from, you just leave your details and wait for them to call you.

Is this because they are overrun with people booking test drives, just seems a bit odd.
Possibly a combination of test drives and being too busy with handovers. Do you have a showroom without a service centre nearby that could be quicker?

·
Registered
162 Posts
When we tried Bristol, we just called the store. They were very busy on the weekends, but quieter during the week. I'd guess the quietest times would be late in the day (after 4pm) on weekdays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I arranged a test drive for this coming Saturday 14th Sept at Tesla Bluewater, Kent. I made the online booking a couple of weeks ago. Just received a phone call saying they have had to cancel the test drive and quoted the 7 day return policy if I buy. I've checked the Tesla website and there are no dates available. Disappointed, but I'll have to order the car to try and get it before Christmas.
Anyone in the UK wanting to share their referral url?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I arranged a test drive for this coming Saturday 14th Sept at Tesla Bluewater, Kent. I made the online booking a couple of weeks ago. Just received a phone call saying they have had to cancel the test drive and quoted the 7 day return policy if I buy. I've checked the Tesla website and there are no dates available. Disappointed, but I'll have to order the car to try and get it before Christmas.
Hi. On the next page of threads is a topic ‘Referal codes’. I think the intention is to use the top one on the list on the last posting. If that doesn’t work and no one else helps you, mine is https://ts.la/paul56572

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 7 day return policy may sound good but what do you do with your existing car, keep it incase you don't like the M3.

Does sound like they don't want to spend time doing test drives.

I won't be ordering without a test drive even If I have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 7 day return policy may sound good but what do you do with your existing car, keep it incase you don't like the M3.

Does sound like they don't want to spend time doing test drives.

I won't be ordering without a test drive even If I have to wait.
[/QUOTE

I currently have a BMW i3 REX on lease that goes back early December. Whilst I'm not over the moon to buy without a test drive, I've sat in the car and another forumite has offered me a ride in his car when he gets it at the end of this month. It is unorthodox, but then again, so is Tesla.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am undecided between buying an S or a 3 so the 7 day return offer is not much use to me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am undecided between buying an S or a 3 so the 7 day return offer is not much use to me.
I've owned a performance 3 for just over a month. I currently have an S while the paint damage on my car is being fixed.

The drive is very similar. The differences that you feel are what you'd expect, the S is bigger, it feels bigger and moves like a bigger car.
The S has a few extras that make it feel more like a premium car. I also prefer two screens.

But for me it was purely down to the size and driving experience. The S is just too big, it's an American size car that is great on the motorway. The 3 is more fun to drive and easier to drive around the city.

Tesla's are unique cars, I didn't feel the need to spend time arranging and taking a test drive. There isn't an alternative to a Tesla, you either want that kind of car or you don't.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Where are you based? There's always the chance of a helpful soul on here giving you a run out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
@hmy7k noticed you have a Golf GTE in your avatar, I had a GTE with 18" wheels before my current steed P3+ with 20"

I can tell you the ride is on par with GTE if not better but way better sound insulation especially over rough road surfaces, when I could almost hear the GTE suspension crashing while the Model 3 is just a dull thud, very premium if that's the word to describe it?

I have no doubt the Model 3s with 18" will ride even better!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am based in Shropshire, I am going to drop in at Solihull Tesla in a couple of weeks when I take my son back to Uni, I will see if I can arrange a test drive.

The GTE was our local run around and it was great for that, now we don't do the school run its gone.
I now want to swap my Audi A4 with something more suitable for longer journeys. I am 6' 6" tall so comfort on longer journeys is important.
The GTE was fine for local journeys but I struggled in it on anything longer than an hour, mainly due to the seats and legroom.

I have previously driven a Model S and was very impressed but it's just too big for our roads.
I also have my name down for an ID3 but I am beginning to think it wont compare favourably on performance with an LR.

I just want to be 100% sure I can be comfortable in it and its very hard to do that sat in the showroom.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am based in Shropshire, I am going to drop in at Solihull Vroom in a couple of weeks when I take my son back to Uni, I will see if I can arrange a test drive.
I just want to be 100% sure I can be comfortable in it and its very hard to do that sat in the showroom.
If you're desperate, Welcome Break Telford, or Hopwood Park Superchargers might be a good place to hang out at :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts