Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wanting to have a 24/48hrs test drive in a Model 3 is there anyone who offers this at all. I am in Norfolk/Suffolk. I have a trip planned for the car just need to get hold of the car!

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
166 Posts
eVision have them but only in one location, I think it's their HO at Rochester (I asked about Castleford and they said no)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received an email today from Tesla inviting me to test drive a M3 at an event at Lucknam Park Hotel in Wiltshire next week. It's local to me and I'm really keen so I've signed up. Can't wait!

I've added myself to various lists with Tesla, including expressing interest in test drives at demonstration stand in Lisbon Portugal... so that might be why I was asked?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
My wife and I went to a Model 3 test drive in Farnborough today, but that was just half an hour with the car: they gave us a brief intro first then handed out key cards and let everyone get on with it.

The satnav was preprogrammed with the hotel in Farnborough marked as 'home' and a random point in some housing estate marked as 'work' and we were told to navigate to the work location and than back to 'home'. There was a slight problem at the far destination asI didn't get an instruction to turn and ended up on a partly surfaced road where they were still building the estate, but easy enough to get back on route. Also we had a local tap on the window while we were switching drivers to ask why their little backwater was suddenly full of Teslas.

Anyway, we basically liked the car though the sat nav is a bit far off to the left. Also my wife wasn't sure how comfortable she'd find the seats on a long journey. We had a difference of opinion over the seats: I felt them more comfortable than the ones in the i3, she felt they were less comfortable.

Also, driving down the A34/M4 this morning and back at lunchtime in an i3 was not really pleasant. I had to keep my speed right down to keep a straight line through the gusts.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I received an email today from Tesla inviting me to test drive a M3 at an event at Lucknam Park Hotel in Wiltshire next week. It's local to me and I'm really keen so I've signed up. Can't wait!

I've added myself to various lists with Tesla, including expressing interest in test drives at demonstration stand in Lisbon Portugal... so that might be why I was asked?
Maybe. You can get a list of test drive events at Events | Tesla UK and they seem to have ramped up the numbers recently.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A week ago I was in tesla manchester. wanted to sit in the M3 to see if I could get comfortable with my 6'4". Had no problems. was surprised that i could with a squeeze even sit behind the drivers seat set in my driving position. Asked if it was possible to test drive and they said we have 5 testdrive reservations for 4 cars in 10 minutes. just take a coffee and we will see if everybody turns up. 20 minutes later they said 3 have not turned up so another couple and us could have a test drive.
Coming from driving an i3 at the moment there are a couple of very big differences. most positive but the tyre noise as the biggest negative. a couple of settings i think i would have liked different but there was ample time to test. overall not disappointing.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
A week ago I was in tesla manchester. wanted to sit in the M3 to see if I could get comfortable with my 6'4". Had no problems. was surprised that i could with a squeeze even sit behind the drivers seat set in my driving position. Asked if it was possible to test drive and they said we have 5 testdrive reservations for 4 cars in 10 minutes. just take a coffee and we will see if everybody turns up. 20 minutes later they said 3 have not turned up so another couple and us could have a test drive.
Coming from driving an i3 at the moment there are a couple of very big differences. most positive but the tyre noise as the biggest negative. a couple of settings i think i would have liked different but there was ample time to test. overall not disappointing.
When we arrived they said yesterday everyone turned up but there were a lot of no-shows this morning. I wonder why. #StormCiara

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
When we arrived they said yesterday everyone turned up but there were a lot of no-shows this morning. I wonder why. #StormCiara
"Weather warning: Danger to life, do not go out unless absolutely necessary"
I could imagine that conversation with some partners.
But ... but it IS absolutely necessary!!!! pleeeeeeeeease.

The glass roof on the Model3 is incredibly strong, I've seen them resist lamp posts and telegraph poles hitting them, but I doubt they'd stop a tree :p

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am really wanting to have a 24/48hrs test drive in a Model 3 is there anyone who offers this at all. I am in Norfolk/Suffolk. I have a trip planned for the car just need to get hold of the car!
You are very unlikely to get offered any test drive over 1 hour directly from Tesla.
You could hire one, if you really need to have an extended test drive to ensure it meets your needs.

·
Registered
328 Posts

I went to this today. Very laid back and welcoming. I came back early from the test drive because I thought I’d overrun the time (was stuck in traffic on the A420 for pretty much the whole time). One of the guys running it took pity on me and said to head on out again. Ended up driving it for about an hour.

Autopilot is sublime. Far better than I expected it to be. Coming from an i3 (Evezy) that only has “Traffic Jam Assist” that only works on motorways and only up to 35mph, and is quite frankly crap, it was a revelation.

Just need to put an order in now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts