Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has to be the right choice? Parked next to one in Milton Keynes in the dark blue colour, then was behind them as we left the car park at almost the same time. I am partial to a deep blue car, but the model S is cracking in that shade.

Doesn't look particularly big on the roads either, not from behind the wheel of the LEAF anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, at least we have Costco, which has US-sized spaces to go with the store. :D
umm... should i be worrying? i have a standard residential parking bay 2.4m wide x 4.8m long bay out front of the apartment. it has a planted area on drivers side so a bit more usable space there, but on the other side is another (same width) bay for my neigbours car.

out of interest, how wide is a standard uk supermarket space? and how much bigger is 'costco' ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It can be difficult. If I get chance tomorrow I will measure a typical uk supermarket bay and let you know. As long as the adjacent cars arr not close to the lines its ok. But it is not just width of car it is the wide doors as well.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
umm... should i be worrying? i have a standard residential parking bay 2.4m wide x 4.8m long bay out front of the apartment. it has a planted area on drivers side so a bit more usable space there, but on the other side is another (same width) bay for my neigbours car.

out of interest, how wide is a standard uk supermarket space? and how much bigger is 'costco' ?

I've just been out with a tape measure for you :D

My "EV charging bay" at home is 3.2m wide, on one side it has a wall, the other a fence.

The charge port is on the passenger side and needs 200mm clearance to be able to plug it in / out.

The first detent on the door is when it it sticks out 500mm, fully open it's 780mm. You can get in and out on the 500mm stop (not elegantly, but you can).

I can _just_ open the passenger side door to the first detent, and the drivers fully in my 3.2m.

So I guess you can sacrifice letting people out the passenger side and lose 300mm, bringing it down to 2.9m, then only open the door to the 500mm setting and wriggle out, just..

*edited* as my maths chip has been overloaded today :oops:

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
Also, at least we have Costco, which has US-sized spaces to go with the store. :D
Unfortunately, there's been a trend of making parking spaces smaller around here...

And I have to agree about the dark blue Model S ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts