Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice quote! Did you have an extra £250 "EV compulsory excess" with Admiral?

We got a reasonable quote for our Nissan Leaf from Aviva, but they insisted on an excess because it's an EV.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice quote! Did you have an extra £250 "EV compulsory excess" with Admiral?

We got a reasonable quote for our Nissan Leaf from Aviva, but they insisted on an excess because it's an EV.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes! Aviva added a £250 "Vehicle type" excess on my Ampera.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes! Aviva added a £250 "Vehicle type" excess on my Ampera.
I think that's generic. I have my insurance with Aviva on my existing Nissan X-Trail, I got a quote from them to add the LEAF as a second car, and to replace the X-Trail on the insurance. BTW - replacing the X-Trail would involve them paying me back just under £30, and there's six months left on the policy costing just under £300. So, they don't appear to be loading EVs negatively.

I did notice the "Vehicle type excess" and thought that's odd, but then I reviewed the terms for the X-Trail and that also has a "Vehicle Type excess" of £250. So, don't get all EV sensitive about it, it seems it's more: where (Type = vehicle) excess :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
I did notice the "Vehicle type excess" and thought that's odd, but then I reviewed the terms for the X-Trail and that also has a "Vehicle Type excess" of £250. So, don't get all EV sensitive about it, it seems it's more: where (Type = vehicle) excess :p
I went from a 240PS Mondeo to the Ampera - no change in premium but the "vehicle type" excess was definitely new and was not on the Mondeo (other standard and voluntary excess's are) - don't worry I'm not EV sensitive but I do see the danger of it as we all whip each other into a frenzy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts