Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Wonder what happened exactly? Maybe didn't realise they were in Drive (if creep was turned off) and happened to touch the pedal...

Or I guess floored it, lit up the back end, span, and........ :(

·
Registered
707 Posts
Apparently this happened to some owner who'd just collected his new pride and joy :(
Judging by the decoration hanging from the rear-view mirror and the dirt on the inside of the alloy wheels I would say it wasn't new. Other "news" sites point out that there is a California HOV sticker on the bottom-rear panel (behind the rear wheel), and those don't come on new vehicles.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Judging by the decoration hanging from the rear-view mirror and the dirt on the inside of the alloy wheels I would say it wasn't new. Other "news" sites point out that there is a California HOV sticker on the bottom-rear panel (behind the rear wheel), and those don't come on new vehicles.
I was just relaying what the guy who took the photo said (it made the top of the front page of reddit early this morning). Later on in the morning I read some comments picking holes in his explanation but didn't bother coming back to 'correct' it on here because even those comments are just guesses. If anyone finds out for sure, let us know :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
My son used to work at a UK test track, not far from where double barrel named expensive sports cars are made. New owners get to collect the car and drive at high speed around the test track. One owner got into his new car and immediately drove it through the canteen wall where it had been parked. So this just proves that people with lots of money arnt imune from stupid acts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts