Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No excitement for the Model S Plaid, delivery event just about to go live, is this forum dying?

There's not even a thread on it?! (unless I missed it?)

·
Registered
341 Posts
So it appears that this car will be able to beat Bugattis and any other ICE car off the start line and in any distance up to a quarter mile. What I would like to know is will it be able to be able to beat those cars over long distance - a mile in a straight line or what about ten miles in a a straight line in the salt flats?

Also, who would win if you raced the Bugatti vs this latest Tesla in a lap of a race track? Or several laps? Or just see who can achieve the highest speed for a second?

It would be awesome if a $130,000 electric car that looks like a regular car can beat a $2-3 million ICE supercar in every type of race. That would really help I think in convincing people that electric cars are just better than ICE cars and help a little to defeat fossil fuels.

If this Plaid can't beat the Bugattis on a 10-mile salt flat run or around a racetrack, will the Roadster be able to do it? It looks like Roadster is going to be faster?

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
685 Posts
They routinely beat the supercars, but that's also irrelevant. It's an executive saloon car, it's no supercar, it's not even trying to be a supercar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts