·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: mikeiow

·
Registered
336 Posts
I could almost see us going all-EV, & potentially ditching my XC60. Never thought I would consider that!
MrsMikeIOW loves her Kona, but the Tesla charging infrastructure is the only EV I would consider for properly long journeys (eg, to Les Arcs for skiing....where we were meant to be today, sniff sniff!)...plus this has the capacity too.
perhaps in 18-24 months for us....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Interesting. Really hope we can afford a Model Y when they come to the UK.

Reactions: The4Rs

·
Registered
429 Posts
That looks very promising! I could see us buying one of these, whereas the model 3 is just a non starter. Can't help but agree HUD would be nice, personally I think FSD is still a long way off, so many safety critical corner cases!
3rd row of seats doesn't seem sensible apart from maybe very occasional usage, would they be removable?

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
What is it with US hatchbacks and lack of luggage covers? Same with our Ampera which had a sort of after thought hammock arrangement. Otherwise looks promising if a bit generic in design and fairly pricey.

·
Registered
16,744 Posts
What is it with US hatchbacks and lack of luggage covers? Same with our Ampera which had a sort of after thought hammock arrangement. Otherwise looks promising if a bit generic in design and fairly pricey.
If the ringing on the rear hatch is as dark as the Model X then it will be virtually impossible to see inside.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Interesting. Really hope we can afford a Model Y when they come to the UK.
Just convert the $ to £ at 1:1 & that will be about right 😂
I was also surprised at the lack of luggage cover: not so much for security, but I always felt they muffled some sound. Maybe not in a Tesla...

·
Registered
429 Posts
If the ringing on the rear hatch is as dark as the Model X then it will be virtually impossible to see inside.
That still leaves the issue of luggage flying into the passenger space in the event of heavy braking or a crash. Some kind of dog guard might be an idea?

·
Registered
16,744 Posts
That still leaves the issue of luggage flying into the passenger space in the event of heavy braking or a crash. Some kind of dog guard might be an idea?
Well the soft fabric covers wouldn't stop that in any case.

There are tie down straps you can use and the seats are pretty high and angled, so unlikely luggage would move forward.

·
Registered
429 Posts
As a key worker my wife has to continue to go to work, whilst I am fortunate enough to be able to work remotely. Next week she will be taking the Kona at least a couple of days, so it doesn't say sat for too long. She has so far refused to drive it since I got it, as she's worried that after driving an ev she may hate driving her existing car. The process of convincing her we need to buy a model y starts next week 😁

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you reserve a UK version now? Or will it be nearer the time that Giga Berlin is built? I.e. around this time next year for ordering with site completion around July 2021?

·
Registered
267 Posts
With the current global situation and increasing death rate in Europe and USA, I think new car sales in general will plummet, customer confidence and all that.
Not sure if Berlin site is still being worked on.
Personally I would prefer a Berlin built model, hopefully better fit and finish.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Berlin site is still being worked on. There's a few weekly updates from German YouTubers (in English language), drone footage etc. It's noted that site is now levelled with next steps starting next week. Eg foundation works. Not seen any sign of any let-up in speed of delivery of site. Yes, a German made Tesla could be a good thing for us. Although, signs that finish is pretty good from the current 'Y's from Cali'

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Berlin site is still being worked on. There's a few weekly updates from German YouTubers (in English language), drone footage etc. It's noted that site is now levelled with next steps starting next week. Eg foundation works. Not seen any sign of any let-up in speed of delivery of site. Yes, a German made Tesla could be a good thing for us. Although, signs that finish is pretty good from the current 'Y's from Cali'

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 30 Posts