Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 24 Tekna '64 || Model Y LR on order
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on what is must have accessories? What are not necessary?

I'm getting MIC Y LR beginning of September, just buying stuff to hopefully prevent problems down the line and make life with young children easier.
I've got a spare old 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVMe drive with an USB enclosure I'm thinking to use for recordings.

Any essentials I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
Some folks will say the ‘SEXY’ buttons are an essential so that you’ve got commonly accessed features more easily available?

Personally, I don’t share that view, but hey whilst you’re chucking lots of other plastic stuff in there, why not?!

I tend to fit rubber mats to my cars, I live in a rural area and always seem to have muddy feet, but otherwise I like to live with a car for a bit before deciding what I really need.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely waiting a bit to see how we feel about the glass roof. Wife likes it but worries about hottest summer days, considering we are picking up in September, it's not a priority for many months.

The plastic boot inserts are more for putting dirty stuff in there. It's a family car and I don't want to worry about cleaning it too often.

I've considered the S3XY buttons, we'll see how we get on. There's only 1 I'd like to be able to quickly change: release-brake creep when parking and one pedal stop to hold when driving.

Where do people put charging cables? Is there enough space under the seats to stuff a shorter or slinky style cable?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any tips on what is must have accessories? What are not necessary?

I'm getting MIC Y LR beginning of September, just buying stuff to hopefully prevent problems down the line and make life with young children easier.
I've got a spare old 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVMe drive with an USB enclosure I'm thinking to use for recordings.

Any essentials I'm missing?
I can feel your excitement :) Does the OEM front Centre Console tray slide forward? I ask because others (amazon etc) do and I have the sliding one and its super handy to access space below. That the OEM ones makes no mention of sliding, I suspect means you have to lift it out to access space below? I prefer to buy OEM but also prefer sliding front tray. First world problems LOL.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,695 Posts
Definitely waiting a bit to see how we feel about the glass roof. Wife likes it but worries about hottest summer days, considering we are picking up in September, it's not a priority for many months.

The plastic boot inserts are more for putting dirty stuff in there. It's a family car and I don't want to worry about cleaning it too often.

I've considered the S3XY buttons, we'll see how we get on. There's only 1 I'd like to be able to quickly change: release-brake creep when parking and one pedal stop to hold when driving.

Where do people put charging cables? Is there enough space under the seats to stuff a shorter or slinky style cable?
I keep mine in the big hole under the boot floor.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine came with the rear ppf installed, just FYI.
I was just about to ask. I saw RSEV Model Y delivery video last night and noticed his one got both mud flap and rear PPF. Guess we'll see next month. Problem with Tesla is that there doesn't appear to be a contact to easily check things before delivery.

For cable, I am tired of getting it from boot in my Leaf. I often just put it in the floor well and cover up with shopping bags. I've seen trays for underseat storage, I'm wondering if it's enough space for keeping a shorter or slinky style cable.

Does the OEM front Centre Console tray slide forward?
Good point, I haven't thought to look too closely. You'd think OEM ones will work better than third party ones......

Found a video for OEM one, front one does slide forward:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What floor mat do people recommend/use?

The model specific rubber ones are so expensive. I can live with generic front ones, but the continuous rear floor well means generic car ones aren't suitable. I'd like a rubber one for the mess kid usually makes.

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
Assuming the tint on the roof is the same as on the M3, it’s a pretty dark one and we didn’t find it a problem in the recent heat wave.

It would be quite a claustrophobic cabin without it I think, albeit the Y is bigger so maybe it’ll feel different even with a cover.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My June 2022 MiC MY came with carpet mats, a USB stick preinstalled, PPF film on the rear doors and has front mudguards.

I put the charging cables in the frunk, which is deep enough for an overnight bag on top of them.

My wife bought the tray for the front console and a hook that fits above the deep side pockets in the boot so we can hang bags. I bought a pair of 6ft USB-C to lightning cables for the kids to use in the rear on longer journeys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was just about to ask. I saw RSEV Model Y delivery video last night and noticed his one got both mud flap and rear PPF. Guess we'll see next month. Problem with Tesla is that there doesn't appear to be a contact to easily check things before delivery.

For cable, I am tired of getting it from boot in my Leaf. I often just put it in the floor well and cover up with shopping bags. I've seen trays for underseat storage, I'm wondering if it's enough space for keeping a shorter or slinky style cable.

Good point, I haven't thought to look too closely. You'd think OEM ones will work better than third party ones......

Found a video for OEM one, front one does slide forward:
Amazing, thanks I will order OEM also. Steve

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Doug.

I'll just order the vent cover and the boot hook for now. Let's see what I get on delivery.

Center console trays, floor mats or the boot plastic inserts are not must-have for day-one to be honest. The PPF is, hopefully it's standard in UK.

I've text messaged Tesla regarding door PPF, floor mat and what accessary will come with the car. Wonder if I get the granny charging cable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks Doug.

I'll just order the vent cover and the boot hook for now. Let's see what I get on delivery.

Center console trays, floor mats or the boot plastic inserts are not must-have for day-one to be honest. The PPF is, hopefully it's standard in UK.

I've text messaged Tesla regarding door PPF, floor mat and what accessary will come with the car. Wonder if I get the granny charging cable.
You will get the granny and type 2 cable, the cables are now black and 5m long.

PPF is standard, mine was delivered 30 June with all that and parcel shelf

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for confirming, MrMoon.

What was all the fuss that Tesla were removing granny charger around the time Y arrived in UK?

Although digging deeper, their official site says it's included as standard:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for confirming, MrMoon.

What was all the fuss that Tesla were removing granny charger around the time Y arrived in UK?

Although digging deeper, their official site says it's included as standard:
At the moment itsy only the US that is not getting the granny charger.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I texted them and asked whether delivery include the following, the response was yes, delivery will include all those:
  • charging cable
  • slow domestic charging cable
  • front wheel mud flaps
  • rear door corner PPF
  • floor mats
  • USB memory stick

So only need extras to make life easier such as OEM center console trays, perhaps boot pocket liners.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wyx you are doing a great job keeping me pumped for our MY (Due 25/8) 🤣 vs 2021 M3 my understanding is new 2022 incoming Q3 Made in China MY has...

• Double glazed rear glass
  • Privacy glass rear
  • Heated area on windscreen where wipers park
  • magnetic centre console vs catch
  • Bigger frunk, bigger rear frunk/runk bigger side storage in boot. Storage under the boot floor that M3 does not have
-Reclining rear seats
-PPF on rear arches
-Li 12v battery ??
- HEPA filter ?

What else

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No beam across the rear passenger footwell, which my wife hugely dislikes and made me spend extra for the Y. Also seems to have wider rear seating, more comfortable for carrying 3 people.

I'm pretty sure model Y has HEPA filter and Biodefence mode.
I'm also pretty sure newer cars have Li-on 12v battery. I'm happy with whatever as long as it lasts.

Yes for everything else. I didn't know there's a heated area for wiper park, this is excellent tiny feature.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No beam across the rear passenger footwell, which my wife hugely dislikes and made me spend extra for the Y. Also seems to have wider rear seating, more comfortable for carrying 3 people.

I'm pretty sure model Y has HEPA filter and Biodefence mode.
I'm also pretty sure newer cars have Li-on 12v battery. I'm happy with whatever as long as it lasts.

Yes for everything else. I didn't know there's a heated area for wiper park, this is excellent tiny feature.
Thanks, didn't know about the beam across rear passenger footwell.(y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts