Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn’t appreciated that the Model Y will not be exported to Europe from the USA.
So it will only be made and available from the new German Gigafactory, as per this article...
Had heard romours it would be available end of 2020 in UK/Europe, but that can’t be the case, so looks like mid 2021

·
Leaf lover
4,564 Posts
Is there any speculation where the RHD model Y will be made?
We in the UK want them, Australia want them. Japan?
I want one for 1st September 2021 and I think it will have been made in Shanghai.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Interesting article on insideevs
Could be making MY by year end in China. I thought China made was solely for their market?
Would be nice to see RHD for UK middle of next year.
Logistics would seem to fit Europe made for UK and China made for Southern Hemisphere.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Mid 2021?? You are being very optimistic ... I suspect late 2021 / early 2022.

The Factory isn't even built yet, and the all the LHD EU versions will take priority compared to NON-EU country.

If you really have your heart set on a Y then be prepared for being heart broken!

Good news : It will be built better!

·
Registered
267 Posts
May be able to do some Europe road trips by the end of 2021 once lockdown/quarantine rules are lifted will keep my dosh invested a little bit longer.
Have had my heart broken before.;)

·
Leaf lover
4,564 Posts
Interesting article on insideevs
Could be making MY by year end in China. I thought China made was solely for their market?
Would be nice to see RHD for UK middle of next year.
Logistics would seem to fit Europe made for UK and China made for Southern Hemisphere.
Logistically I would have our Teslas made in the UK or to simplify, just a model Y gigafactory.
I can easily imagine the MY being the number one choice for our police force.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Still no UK configuration available...

If anyone in the EU get's a Y before June I'll be shocked but also happy for them.

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
Interesting comment about production starting ‘Early 2021”.

If we take that to mean H1 2021, that’s pretty good considering the factory is still pretty much some mud and foundations.

Maybe I’ll put an order in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That max range price is more than a Model 3 performance in Germany, and over €7500 more than the long range M3.
Was hoping the price would be a lot closer to M3 than that!
Plenty of time for "adjustments" yet though!😂😉

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Hadn’t appreciated that the Model Y will not be exported to Europe from the USA.
So it will only be made and available from the new German Gigafactory, as per this article...
When I read the subject of this thread I had a one word response in my mind before I even read the thread. "Good." :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
Does anyone know if they'll have Model Ys to have a look at in showrooms around the country any time soon?
No. In the past they don't get demonstrators until after the first customer cars have gone out.

They might have some showroom cars to view a little while before that.

I wouldn't plan on seeing anything until late 2021 in the UK at the earliest.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No. In the past they don't get demonstrators until after the first customer cars have gone out.

They might have some showroom cars to view a little while before that.

I wouldn't plan on seeing anything until late 2021 in the UK at the earliest.
Might need to take a trip to Germany then;)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I think many people in the U.K. and other European countries will be well pleased to get a German built Model Y (no matter how long they have to wait), based on the appalling odd incidents that keep getting reported about various Tesla models.
The latest instant ‘convertible’ Model Y takes some beating...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well I think many people in the U.K. and other European countries will be well pleased to get a German built Model Y (no matter how long they have to wait), based on the appalling odd incidents that keep getting reported about various Tesla models.
The latest instant ‘convertible’ Model Y takes some beating...

Pretty sure the RHD Model Y from GF Berlin will be available from late 2021, early 2022. I doubt a cheaper SR+ model will be available until 2022.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks like Model Y from Berlin will be getting the new 4680 battery cells, the new one piece front and rear body sections, and they won't be using watercolours in the paints shop!😂🤣

Hopefully a top class German built Tesla🤞

sectionshttps://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-giga-berlin-4680-cells-structural-battery-pack-confirmed-elon-musk/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts