Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've saved DSC05739 to take a closer look and can instantly see several areas of corrosion.

There is a point in doing this - whether or not it is minor you need to raise it before 3 years old else Vauxhall isn't interested.
.... I am anticipating some small claims action in my case.

I'll annotate some photos later for you.
Thanks Donald I appreciate it, I must add that the scuffed rim at 2.00 O'clock came with the car.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,688 Posts
You other rims look quite clean, though once you have seen the areas below on this rim, you might look more closely at the others. The cause/initiation is bubbling, often behind the spokes. The surface doesn't need to crack, this is the start of the end.

freebird_ampera_rim_corrosion.gif

The Big Deal is that I am sure mine were like this last year, but no-one prompted me to look and complain. Hence I'll have a bill for wheel refurbishment this winter, while the winter rims are on. No good will come of it to leave them like this.

I have 3 like this one of yours, and one good one.

If I *must* pay for it myself, I'll see if I can pick up a snazzy tint (but some almost imperceptible thing, I'm not into driving a road-going spectacle!). Suggestions welcome!

(On a good day, I might even be inclined to suggest I give you my good one to make a good set for yourself, because if I do have them refurbished then they will all need doing anyway. Best to let Vauxhall know/fix in the first instance.)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
mine were like that on 2 and 2 worse one had flaked as well. on the 2nd year service asked Thurlow Nunn to look at them along with the door handle. when I picked the car up they booked it in for new wheels and the infamous door handle problem.

If the car is under 3 years from registration have them seen to.

4 shiny new wheels 64 plate MY2013 :18000 miles at that point.
alan

·
27,688 Posts
Bl00dy pedant! :rolleyes:
That's nothing compared to the pedantry of Vauxhall warranty department if it means half a chance of evading their responsibilities!

I don't want any other good folk from missing their opportunity for wheel replacements, like I have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe, but I suspect not as an MY14 is more likely to be on a 63 plate.
If there are better pictures of the console (and it's an Electron, not a Positive) you are looking to see if the button below the home (House) button says NAV (not FAV - this would mean no Sat Nav) or not.

·
27,688 Posts
It has no colour inserts in the seats, which is a strong sign of MY14. These would have started to trickle down the production line from around May '13. A June '13 registration date doesn't exclude it being a MY14 but if so would make it a very early MY14. I would say it is a fabled MY14.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Electric seat adjustments? Ah, OK - didn't spot the .PDF link
I'd like the Xenon Headlights on mine though... ;) - why do they print such rubbish!

Donald (as usual) is correct: could well be an early MY14 if no seat inserts (I didn't see / couldn't open more pictures)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Slightly off topic, but my car had an 'over the air update' on Friday (may have been Saturday) just as I was reversing into my drive - I didn't see clearly (long sighted) what it said but it was something about 'autoupdater'. It took around 20 seconds to finish the update (whatever it was - pop-up box with green indicator bar ).
I think I mentioned before - I tried previously to connect the car (MY14) to my home WiFi, and although I entered the details correctly, it always threw an error up and wouldn't allow me to go any further: however, now, when I come in range of the home WiFI, the little blue WiFi indicator lights-up each time.
Anyone else had this?

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
Slightly off topic, but my car had an 'over the air update' on Friday (may have been Saturday) just as I was reversing into my drive - I didn't see clearly (long sighted) what it said but it was something about 'autoupdater'. It took around 20 seconds to finish the update (whatever it was - pop-up box with green indicator bar ).
I think I mentioned before - I tried previously to connect the car (MY14) to my home WiFi, and although I entered the details correctly, it always threw an error up and wouldn't allow me to go any further: however, now, when I come in range of the home WiFI, the little blue WiFi indicator lights-up each time.
Anyone else had this?
Not many MY14 owners on here... Or in UK for that matter :)

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
My centre console is white, and the infotainment is the same as the one in this video.
Except none of the fun XM Radio based stuff - weather, nearby movies, etc ;)

61 - 80 of 81 Posts