Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I post a lot on an Audi form and just thought I share a few of the things I've done to my car so far whilst waiting for the warranty to end so as to avoid a td1 flag....

Be nice if others could share the cool stuff they have done to their cars

It is a MY17 A3 e-tron UK model so only one trim level.... didn't have a lot of choice over the colour as the spec I wanted was hard to find so decided to add abit of colour to make it more interesting

So in no particular order

Had professional retrofitted
Side Assist, Hill Hold Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, and Emergency Assist

Various VCDS coding mods
beep on unlock, Auto headlight position memory, increased comfort indicator sweeps, lap timer, wiper service position menu, ACC cruise control last distance memory and more that I can't remember

Added POI for speed cameras and turned on notifications for them

Lots of info here
Speed Camera POI

Fitted Dynamic wing mirror indicators

Documented Here
Dynamic Wing Mirror Indicator Install

Video
Dropbox - Frosted.m4v

IMG_4163.jpg

Retrofitted Active TPMS

IMG_4902.jpg IMG_4901.jpg

Fitted a Audi UTR front and rear cameras

Documented Here

How to Install an Audi UTR dashcam
Front 3.jpg Rear camer 2.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6 photo limit per post.......

Plastidipped and wrapped interior trim and fitted PFL air vents in RAL 2009

IMG_4791.jpg IMG_4792.jpg IMG_4793.jpg

Swapped standard spoiler for RS3 and colour matched
Before 1.jpg After 6.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
I take my hat off to you. Many mods i wanted to do but not got round to....yet! I fitted an auto dimming mirror and that was a pain so i know what you must have struggled with. Did you do the cup holder leds? Have you the matrix headlights? I dropped the speed for the main beam assist on the normal headlights from 35+ down to 20mph which is much better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car came with the interior LED pack so had the cup holder LED allready it is a pretty common retrofit there are specific kits for it avalible .

The car has matrix headlights from factory. They are very good . Though to retrofit I believe they are very expensive, as you will need the units a camera and potentially levelling sensors and coding.....

I haven’t tried to drop the activation time of the headlights I have seen them stay on to below 30mph in rural settings with no streetlights though ....

·
Registered
18 Posts
as i have said before thats one of the best e-trons i have seen. al be it i dont see many.
with regards to mods,
ive got wind deflectors all round.
blacked out alloys on one and 18's on the other.
and this is my inner child. a custom exhaust on one.

i will get some pictures and post them soon.

again i love your mods i intend in picking your brain on some of them. active tpms and ACC retrofit

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Subscribed to this thread. Same boat - warranty expires in 2 months and will be starting the modding process.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts