Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
But how often, if ever, do you plan to drive down to 10 miles range remaining? I doubt the vast majority of people in ICE cars ever do that either. As I said, you should only have to rely on ECO mode if you're on a long drive and have left yourself short, for whatever reason, and may need to stretch for that extra 10 miles.

In normal day-to-day driving, the majority of people are driving their EV without any need to be concerned about needing an extra 10 miles range. What you're saying is that you 'need' to maximise the range all the time? If that's the case, then you are not considering this correctly. If your peace of mind requires you to know that you can get an extra 10 miles of range all the time, even if you are never likely to go to that extreme of range, then all you are doing is saving that fraction of a penny each mile you drive but you've spent a lot of money on the car.

Hey, it's your car and your money and you drive it as you like. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your thinking about ECO mode. The most useful mode isn't called "NORMAL" for nothing!
Me again. I said I would factor your comments into my thinking and you have changed my mind. I now just drive in NORMAL mode as most of my journeys are well within range (pretty much all currently) so my frugal use of the battery is unnecessary at the moment. I guess I was using ECO so much to understand range and battery depletion. I’ve done that now so I just use the car as it is. I love it. Thank you.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
I've mentioned on another thread the fun i had with our petrol insignia which had a throttle pedal issue and i found out after it was in for 2 days that it was one of around 900 cars in the country and there were no parts to fix them. They got the car 9th December 2019 and i finally got a call to say it was fixed at the end of March 2020 by which time we were in full lockdown so i couldnt make the 35 mile journey to fetch it. When i did fetch in May the car was covered in bird poo and generally filthy having been stored in a compound all winter with a flat battery....Vauxhalls response was a £50 off voucher for a service which i told them to shove.

Not sure why we've bothered with another Vauxhall as we've had issues with the dealership nearest to us at home and where i work but other half has always had Vauxhalls so we shall see. For what its worth sorting the charger hasnt been an issue for us. The only delays were caused by me getting dates for it to be done but then they were gone by the time i got back to them but its now booked for 9th August. Also the buying experience was quite pleasant, smaller dealership in Ilkeston who were up front about the fact they had next to no stock (2 SRis neither of which she fancied) and ordering a new one would be a bit of a wait. Had we wanted a Mokka they had plenty but Corsa's were in short supply. Think ours is due end of August having been ordered start of June.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Mokka-e Elite Nav Premium
119 Posts
I've now got one on order. Spent 5 hours on Saturday at the dealership negotiating with them and finally agreed to sign it. Apparently, we're expecting at least a 12-13 week lead time.

This is a replacement for my ZE40 Renault Zoe. I've gone for the Elite Nav Premium (+ Intellilux lights) so it'll be quite the upgrade.

Honestly, I'm most excited about the headlights given that the Zoe's headlights are about useful as two candles taped to the bonnet of the car.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,201 Posts
I've now got one on order. Spent 5 hours on Saturday at the dealership negotiating with them and finally agreed to sign it. Apparently, we're expecting at least a 12-13 week lead time.

This is a replacement for my ZE40 Renault Zoe. I've gone for the Elite Nav Premium (+ Intellilux lights) so it'll be quite the upgrade.

Honestly, I'm most excited about the headlights given that the Zoe's headlights are about useful as two candles taped to the bonnet of the car.
You’ll love the IntelliLux headlights. Best lights I’ve ever had on a car. Just leave on Auto and they work perfectly. You’ll think your going to dazzle the person in front when driving on a dark lane or highway and the blue light shows high beam but the individual LED panels are blocked out, also for oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My experience with pod point was better. I had mine installed within four days of me collecting the car.
Thanks for your response.

Did you get a Podpoint from Vauxhall!?

My friend has been offered a Wallbox. Firstly they wanted £550 to upgrade it to tethered! I told her £120-150 for a new cable so tell them to sod off, then I saw the BBC news article about them.

Its now been 4 weeks and they have not returned any of their calls or emails, so no idea when they will get one fitted.

I've given my electrician who did mine, and said you could pick from a selection of units and they would give the OLEV discount.

So let's see what happens.

She did buy a 2nd Zoe 3-pin of a friend who was part exchanging thiers, so that's solved one issue for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I been owning a Mokka-e (Launch Edition ) since April. I can tell you is the worse car when comes to range. Maybe mine is faulty but I can tell you not even reaching 50% of advertising range. It say it can do 210 mile, is more like 72miles (on eco mode, driving at 55 miles / hour , no heating no radio, no heated seats or steering wheel). If want anything on, the range drops to 50 miles. We'll the computer on board shows 210 when fully charged , but as soon you drive, it take of 4 miles for every mile you drive.
Been in service for 2 weeks, they not fixed the issues. Contrary... they disabled even more things from car!!
So had a collusion warning system fault, it went for'repair', error gone now, but they disabled any cruise control, they disabled speed limiter, blind spot alert . Honestly the worse car I ever own.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment Font

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi. I have a Mokka E Ultimate. Your Range issue is just unacceptable. I got 180miles from mine when the weather was a bit warmer and even now at 2 to 3c I'm still getting 150 ish. Love the car it's been a good buy. Mines in Power Red /Black roof. I'd expect Stellantis to bring out a long range version with 300plus before long. I also run mine in Eco as I find the performance entirely OK. It's easy enough to slip it into sport if you need to. Delighted there's an owners forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this is an old thread but only just have the possiblility to get one.

Vauxhall Mokka E is top of my list at the moment, coming from a Vauxhall ICE car.

Is the Ultimate worth the extra money? Or is SRi and Elite Premium perfectly fine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but only just have the possiblility to get one.

Vauxhall Mokka E is top of my list at the moment, coming from a Vauxhall ICE car.

Is the Ultimate worth the extra money? Or is SRi and Elite Premium perfectly fine?
I've just ordered an ultimate, it was about £10 a month more than the lower spec and the headlights alone will be worth the extra for me, not to mention avoiding that awful red stripe inside and out. I also wanted the leather seats and bigger wheels so it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just ordered an ultimate, it was about £10 a month more than the lower spec and the headlights alone will be worth the extra for me, not to mention avoiding that awful red stripe inside and out. I also wanted the leather seats and bigger wheels so it was a no brainer.
Fair play, they seem to be increasing the price (lease wise) at the moment, but yeah the difference between the trims seems a bit silly.
I wouldn’t get a SRi for the same reasons, hate the red trim inside and out, but love that Black Griffin bumper… if only you could get that on the Ultimate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fair play, they seem to be increasing the price (lease wise) at the moment, but yeah the difference between the trims seems a bit silly.
I wouldn’t get a SRi for the same reasons, hate the red trim inside and out, but love that Black Griffin bumper… if only you could get that on the Ultimate.
My PCP deal came in at £65 a month less than my current Octavia iV which seemed a good deal. Compared to lease deals, my PCP was level with the lowest I could find so I was happy.

I agree with the bumper, it's just wasn't worth worrying about though. I also had to go with white, if I'd have changed the colour I'd have lost the £1500 grant thanks to the government lowering the threshold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My PCP deal came in at £65 a month less than my current Octavia iV which seemed a good deal. Compared to lease deals, my PCP was level with the lowest I could find so I was happy.

I agree with the bumper, it's just wasn't worth worrying about though. I also had to go with white, if I'd have changed the colour I'd have lost the £1500 grant thanks to the government lowering the threshold.
Good for you. I sat in my Ultimate just after getting it and felt the edges of the centre console. That's actual metal edging embedded in the console. Feels quality. I'm really pleased with mine. You are just going to love the Intellilux headlights....

41 - 57 of 57 Posts