Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Mokka-e Elite Nav Premium
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has a Mokka-e on order and how long you've been waiting so far. I test drove and ordered mine on the 24th of July then got a call two weeks later to let me know that "It's now been ordered". Which was a bit of a surprise as I had assumed they ordered it the day I paid the deposit and said go ahead. They quoted a 12 week wait time for me at the time.

I've had a call every couple of weeks since ordering to say "Just to let you know there's no update, the order is placed but we don't know if it's being built or anything yet". Oh, how I loathe the black box that is vehicle manufacturing.

Anyway. Eagerly awaiting any kind of news. Given that we're at about 10 weeks now, I suspect it's not going to turn up in the next 2 if it isn't even being built yet.

What were your lead times? Anyone else currently waiting?

·
Read Only
2,123 Posts
Assuming the factory order went in early August, I would imagine you’ll take delivery last few days of November or first week of December.

Were you not able to pull something from dealer inventory? They have tons of different colors and trims coming off the production line which you can generally get your hands on in 3-4 weeks right now. Very few people have to place factory orders on these unless it’s a third party order, mass fleet order, or a very unusual configuration.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were you not able to pull something from dealer inventory?
No that's not something they suggested. I ordered the Elite Nav Premium with Intellilux Headlights and green paint. So not particularly exotic but I think the Intellilux headlights might be the issue as the dealer didn't even know that was an option until I spotted it in the brochure!

·
Read Only
2,123 Posts
No that's not something they suggested. I ordered the Elite Nav Premium with Intellilux Headlights and green paint. So not particularly exotic but I think the Intellilux headlights might be the issue as the dealer didn't even know that was an option until I spotted it in the brochure!
Ah yeah if you went for a custom option like that then it would explain why. There’s otherwise a green Elite available in 4 weeks. Or an ultimate edition (comes with the headlights as standard) in green in 2.5-3 weeks right now. Plus quite a few already dotted around various dealers ready to go.

Very few people add on extras like that and typically step up to the next trim level instead. The dealer builds are almost always standard trim levels with nothing extra.

Get in touch with the dealer as they should definitely be able to let you know if they’ve even commenced the build or not yet. Their order system is actually pretty detailed and will give a pretty accurate estimated delivery date too. If anything maybe pessimistic and adding an extra week on when it comes to these factory orders.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we actually originally went for Ultimate but the price was ridiculously high and they had no scope for any sort of discount. They actually talked us down a spec as we realized I didn't care for massage seats and instead could spec the headlights that I wanted and then they were happy to give discounts.

I'll probably give them a call and chase for info once we hit the 12-week mark if I haven't had any updates brought to me.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Mokka e Launch Edition May 2021 (nee Ampera Electron May 2012)
431 Posts
Have we got a Mokka-e Specific Forum yet??

Apart from that I'm no help as bought the Launch Model on the day they unloaded it at Arnold Clark, Northwich. It didn't come with three pin plug, the charge cable was missing as it was sent separately, or so they said. Didn't find out until I got home but the near 200 mile range lasted until it arrived. Other niggle is that, as far as I can ascertain, the false boot floor to flatten out the load area and give a bit more storage underneath, doesn't exist. Unless someone can put me out of my misery!

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
We ordered our Corsa-e elite nav premium back at the beginning of June and picked it up a couple of weeks ago so they are taking a while.

·
Registered
431 Posts
When we got our Mokka-e the dealer said there is a false boot floor but it costs £320
My dealer denied all knowledge of it. There is no mention in Vauxhall Accessories but the Corsa-e appears to have same configuration in boot. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
20 Posts
In April we bought the launch edition which didn't have the false boot floor but the lower spec ones did. We asked the dealer and he said he could order us one. Although at the cost quoted of £320 we declined.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. All the review videos I watched praised the false floor but when we test drove both the Corsa-e and the Mokka-e, neither had the false floor.

The official accessories PDF only offers a "Reversible Boot Tray" for £81 which is definitely not the false floor with the handle I saw in videos.

I'll enquire about it when mine arrives if it doesn't have it but it sounds like it's a thing only the dealer can order?

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,446 Posts
My corsa had a dent in the boot floor where some various bits of stuff were stored. It looked like a slightly too small wheel well for a spare basically.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,201 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the Corsa-e doesn't have a "false floor" option. When I was loaned a Mokka-e for a few days by my dealer, there was no "false floor" in it. It would seem that it is only being offered in the Mokka-e as a dealer upgrade for the usual extortionate price. Seeing as the dealers don't stand to gain much after-sales income from servicing and wear & tear items, it's the little things that you think would be standard that are now "optional extras".

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had missed the fact that there wouldn't be a granny charge cable but fully expected the false boot, even more so when it is referred to in the Manual. Lack of it ruins the use of the boot area as the floor has a ledge caused by the rear seats when down and there is nowhere to stash the charge cable.
The car mats came as standard so the advice to future purchasers is to negotiate 'free' false boot as we used to with mats.
Of course maybe someone here with a 3D Printer could make a killing! In which case I want a discount on mine for suggesting it🤑

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious if anyone else has a Mokka-e on order and how long you've been waiting so far. I test drove and ordered mine on the 24th of July then got a call two weeks later to let me know that "It's now been ordered". Which was a bit of a surprise as I had assumed they ordered it the day I paid the deposit and said go ahead. They quoted a 12 week wait time for me at the time.

I've had a call every couple of weeks since ordering to say "Just to let you know there's no update, the order is placed but we don't know if it's being built or anything yet". Oh, how I loathe the black box that is vehicle manufacturing.

Anyway. Eagerly awaiting any kind of news. Given that we're at about 10 weeks now, I suspect it's not going to turn up in the next 2 if it isn't even being built yet.

What were your lead times? Anyone else currently waiting?
I have just ordered the Mokka e myself, did your car arrive or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dealer called me 2 weeks after our originally quoted delivery date to say that "It's still being built at the minute and the system now says delivery in December". I'll take the date with a pinch of salt but it's the first time since ordering that I've even had a hint of delivery date put to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally, my car has arrived and I will be picking it up on Saturday morning. I've had an awful time with the dealer and their lack of communication but it's just about all sorted now so, looking forward to collecting.

So from ordering to delivery it's been almost exactly 6 months. Just slightly longer than 12 weeks then!

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
Finally, my car has arrived and I will be picking it up on Saturday morning. I've had an awful time with the dealer and their lack of communication but it's just about all sorted now so, looking forward to collecting.

So from ordering to delivery it's been almost exactly 6 months. Just slightly longer than 12 weeks then!
Sadly pretty much anything with a chip is an issue currently. I work in IT and Printers and we currently have issues sourcing computer hardware along with printers and even toner for printers as they use chips to monitor the toner levels, we are currently having to tell users they may have to wait a week\two weeks to get new toner when they run out. A friend of my wife is months into waiting for her electric Audi with no end really in sight as yet whilst my wifes boss ordered a Tesla Model X last April and is not expecting to get it until March! When you go onto a few car company websites currently to have a play with the configurators you get warnings that things could take a while.

Our Corsa-e was ordered beginning of June i think it was and we got it end of Sept in the end but had been told initially it could be longer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sadly pretty much anything with a chip is an issue currently.
Absolutely, I don’t begrudge the dealer for it at all, I knew it could be quite a bit longer. My issues with their communication lie in the handover we’ve been trying to do this week but it’s fine, an email last night seems to have mostly set things right so still ready for collection on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts