Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Electric Premium 2022
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Please don't feed the "only use 60% of your battery" trolls ;)

I am sure Vauxhall are fine with you charging full before a long journey or letting it go close to empty if heading home. Neither are 100% or zero of actual capacity.
That's reassuring to know. I keep getting confused getting varying points of view from rather contrasting schools of thought. It's always helpful when the manufacturer comes up with a clear and succinct recommendations.

·
Premium Member
12,481 Posts
That's reassuring to know. I keep getting confused getting varying points of view from rather contrasting schools of thought. It's always helpful when the manufacturer comes up with a clear and succinct recommendations.
Below is link to owners manual and there is no warnings in it about charging and IIRC there is no facility to restrict how full it charges either. There isn't on my Zoe either.
I still think the 20% to 80% BS is funded by fossil fuel companies to create more FUD around EVs. The "rapid charge to 80%" time quoted by manufacturers is because the last 20% is slower, not because you shouldn't do it (busy charging points and etiquette not withstanding).

We know from report below that high mileage EVs don't suffer much battery loss and they are likely to have been fully charged regularly.

Reactions: Neilew and Sri

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Below is link to owners manual and there is no warnings in it about charging and IIRC there is no facility to restrict how full it charges either. There isn't on my Zoe either.

Most grateful. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Be careful, that GFV is very high so buying outright could be more expensive if you only plan to keep 4 years! You can always settle the PCP at any time too, with minimal penalty.

I settled my first Zoe PCP after two months, I was waiting for an EV dealer to do some cosmetic work and sell my Ampera for me (commission sale)
I hope to keep a new purchase for 3-4 years unless of course I hate the car with passing of time. I surmise you are happy with the Mokka.

·
Premium Member
12,481 Posts
I hope to keep a new purchase for 3-4 years unless of course I hate the car with passing of time. I surmise you are happy with the Mokka.
We currently have a Zoe and Model 3. The Mokka is on our list to possibly replace Zoe as need something slightly bigger next time. Also considering MG ZS.

Reactions: Sri

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We currently have a Zoe and Model 3. The Mokka is on our list to possibly replace Zoe as need something slightly bigger next time. Also considering MG ZS.
Nice looking cars. Model 3 wait is rather long for a factory order and I was a bit cagey with the Zoe after the NCAP rating. I'm trying to decide between a Mokka e , e208 and Hyundai Kona 39 kWh. The lead time for Mokka is not too bad ( quoted 12 weeks ) but the Kona lead time I was quoted was 7 months. Will hopefully make some decisions soon.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
Nice looking cars. Model 3 wait is rather long for a factory order and I was a bit cagey with the Zoe after the NCAP rating. I'm trying to decide between a Mokka e , e208 and Hyundai Kona 39 kWh. The lead time for Mokka is not too bad ( quoted 12 weeks ) but the Kona lead time I was quoted was 7 months. Will hopefully make some decisions soon.
If you are considering the e208 then worth looking at the Corsa-e as well, its effectively the same car with a different body on top and i found to be somewhat cheaper than the e208. I also wasnt a fan of the e208 interior, dash etc all a bit fussy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vauxhall manual (p179) says OK if leaving for up to 4 weeks to leave it on charge. That sort of suggests charging to 100% is OK. Lots of forum advice to limit though because getting the final 10% to 20% takes a long time. I tend to work the 30-80% band unless needing full charge for journey.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Vauxhall manual (p179) says OK if leaving for up to 4 weeks to leave it on charge. That sort of suggests charging to 100% is OK. Lots of forum advice to limit though because getting the final 10% to 20% takes a long time. I tend to work the 30-80% band unless needing full charge for journey.
Thank you for the information. I'm curious to know how you maintain that state of charge ? My only concern is leaving the car on deferred charge to come on at off peak times would invariably charge it to full unless of course one wakes up in the early hours of the morning to disconnect. Perhaps I'm worrying too much about nothing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
After all that, I ended up going for a brand new Kona electric. I was quoted a 6 month wait but got lucky when someone cancelled their order and I got the car on the 12th of March and love it so far. I still love the look of the Mokka e in Mamba green and perhaps will look at it again in a few years time may be Mach 2 or 3 by that time. Thank you very much indeed for the collective wisdom, which has been immensely helpful.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
My Mokka is in the green. Love the colour but shade maybe should be called Marmite rather than Mamba!
I had to have the green as I wanted the launch edition and there was no choice when I ordered.
Some people go nuts and really love it. Since I bought it there are now 2 or 3 new cars in my street which are green in pretty much the same shade.
It's annoying that people can't make their own minds up. It was the same when I was the only one to have a silver Qashqai then before you knew it they were all buying the same car in the same colour. Stupid neighbours.
Anyway, I'm wondering if LV will give us cheap insurance because every time I drive anywhere I bet at least one person is reminded to get a quote.

Gaz

Reactions: Sri

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,.I'm thinking of purchasing a Mokka e ultimate edition having had a Nissan Leaf for the past 3 years. Just wondered how people have been finding the Mokka e and what the lead time has been please ? Thank you. ( I've arranged to test drive a Mokka e and a Peugeot e208 to choose between the two )
How did you get on with mokka vs e2008 and did you choos one? Or something completely different ….

21 - 33 of 33 Posts