Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
899 Posts
Yes, it's a single rapid CCS/Chademo charger, available to the public via contactless, and 6 x 22kW AC, intended for overnight guests at the motel. I think they've nobbled the AC chargers to be activated by the motel's proprietary app, rather than contactless, even though they're actually managed by Gridserve.

·
Registered
ID3
407 Posts
What are mollies diners like? There is one at cribs causeway near me, would you stop at one if you didn’t have to? Bearing in mind cc is basically Nando’s or wagamamas, not particularly exciting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There's also a rapid at College Farm pub on the Shrivenham roundabout, the food there is OK with a MacDonalds opposite as a fallback. I found the Mollies menu very restricted, it's sort of big chicken meals or nothing.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,503 Posts
What are mollies diners like? There is one at cribs causeway near me, would you stop at one if you didn’t have to? Bearing in mind cc is basically Nando’s or wagamamas, not particularly exciting.
Typical diner fare but very nice. The toilets are some of the nicest public toilets I have seen. I'd eat there out of choice, yes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We stopped there a couple of months ago as it would be useful as a charge stop on the way to the in-laws at Burnham on Sea.
The menu may not be extensive but it is quality and worth the money imho. Shakes are excellent. Easy on off access to the M5. Even if you just grabbed a coffee I don’t see a problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update on my recent trip to Bath.

Used the 50kW at The College Farm near Shrivenham while I had a coffee and email catch up in McDs for 20 mins.

I was staying at the Bath Hilton (Double Tree) and the adjacent Podium Car Park had eight 7kW PodPoint chargers. These were on the ground floor and, of course, resulted in no signal on the App. Started the charge and noted the name of the charger and dashed up the stairs to street level. Got a signal and confirmed the charge without fuss.
The car park also serves Waitrose and a colleague uses their WiFi to confirm the charge whilst still underground.

All trouble free and will make my weekly trips for work very straightforward.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts