Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please tell me name of the service (or even better the web address) of the company that will give you the online electricity usage info from your charging point?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yes, there's no service as such. The data is collected by the individual manufacturers for passing to OLEV under the subsidy scheme. Your one may have a service, they may not. Pod Point, my manufacturer were mentioning users being able to look at their own usage online but each time I've asked, they have still been focussing on getting the data feed to OLEV working and haven't got anywhere with the end user interface. They did supply me a spreadsheet of the raw data when I asked though.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
@Brooktop as the others have said, the usage data is passed to OLEV and it can be provided to them in a document so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for online access to your stats.

My advice is just enjoy the car and after three years upgrade your Charging Station with whatever metering technology you want :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
I have a polar charger and have signed up to chargevision.com
It gives me details on daily use from the charger.
My stats are:
Total charges 352
Total kWh 1704
CO2 saved 1426 kg
Money saved £1100

It also splits the info up between home charges and polar charges.
It's really interesting to see the daily, monthly figures. You can even export the data between set dates.
I'll be using it in my maths classes!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the one Kieron. I knew there was one; thing is I couldn't remember the name and I couldn't reveal my source. I now need to make this thread self destruct.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,725 Posts
Hi,
My stats are:
Total charges 352
Total kWh 1704
CO2 saved 1426 kg
Money saved £1100

It's really interesting to see the daily, monthly figures. You can even export the data between set dates.
I'll be using it to n my maths classes!
How do you sign up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it was in the paperwork when I had my polar charger installed by British Gas. It must be linked to that. I knew the charging box on my house was sending all the info about its use to the internet. When I log in I can see all the other chargers on the map of the UK and my house's charger in North Cheltenham too!
The website has bmw, polar and chargemaster logos on it and it is copyrighted to Chargemaster so I guess you might try contacting them?
In my account details it has the 'scheme' as
Source London, EValu8 - Source East

I set this all up months ago so cannot remember how it was organised. So many cards/websites/charger providers!!
Sorry I cannot be much help.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi,
My stats are:
Total charges 352
Total kWh 1704
CO2 saved 1426 kg
Money saved £1100

I'll be using it in my maths classes!
I didn't even know I was signed up for this but a click on the "forgotten password" button and I had a new password and was able to log in. Only 2 charge events so far and that was the Tesla engineer testing the installation.

Great stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts