Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be more news regarding the software issues:

They say:

"The ID.3 had problems with the announced "Always on" function , the constant data exchange over the Internet. One of the computers in the car ("Icas3") does not achieve its target values, according to "Spiegel" in internal VW documents. There is talk of a "negative trend" and a "lack of progress in stability"."

It seems that the HUDs update overloads the "Icas3" computer, which could be more of an issue if it is hardware related.

There are reports that the ID.3 1st will still come out in the summer with limited functionality that will be deployed later. They say that there should be cars for people to test in the showrooms in August. That just might indicate that I will get my ID.3 1st in July or August, as they always promised 1st orderers would get their cars before the showrooms :).

·
Registered
3,307 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will these issues also impact the companies other brand models on the same MEB platform like the enyaq or el born?
The el Born will be built in the same factory as the ID.3 and it must share most of the software, so I guess it will come out after the ID.3. Volkswagen want the new VW operating system to work across all their brands and this will give a significant cost saving. The Enyaq will only go on sale in 2021, by which time VW might have solved most of the software issues.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The el Born will be built in the same factory as the ID.3 and it must share most of the software, so I guess it will come out after the ID.3. Volkswagen want the new VW operating system to work across all their brands and this will give a significant cost saving. The Enyaq will only go on sale in 2021, by which time VW might have solved most of the software issues.
I guess they may, assuming all the issues are software related, rather than hardware. Let's hope so....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts