Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just discovered the goultralow.com web site. This is an information web site for the public to find out more about ultra low emission driving.

I am absolutely gobsmacked at the level of mis-information on this site and this from the government body set up to promote EVs...

https://www.goultralow.com/how-do-i-power/charging-on-the-go/

It makes me very sad that the public is being so badly misled. They are publishing what they want it to be like... not what it is actually like.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I'm pretty annoyed with OLEV at the moment as well...

I've been waiting months for even a date when a new EVSE can be installed. So many people without EVs or even an intention to buy an EV have taken up the free offers that the whole system is broken.

I'm sure it looks good that so many grants have been used up, but people who actually need it are left high and dry.

/Rant

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just one quote...

To make things as easy as possible for Go Ultra Low drivers, any chargepoint funded by the Government since 2013 has been accessible by pay-as-you-go. So you will have the option to either join a scheme or just use its chargepoints on a casual basis. Either way, you’ll be saving money compared to paying for petrol and diesel, and you’ll always know that you can use the chargepoint you want.
Crickey! If only that were remotely true.

Please... go have a read...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OLEV have included a handy car selector on that site. You can enter how far you "normally drive" in a day and it will recommend a car...

If you enter 124 miles it recommends... NISSAN LEAF!!!

Perhaps someone could explain to me how telling non-EV owners that you can "normally" do 124 miles in a Nissan Leaf helps anyone?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
It's almost as though they didn't ask real-world users and EV owners their thoughts... Almost like another UK Gov department is acting in an entirely self-serving manner... Oh the shock. ;)

·
Banned
558 Posts
I detect winds-of-change at OLEV. :confused: ..I've deleted my post hang read the subsequent 'toys-from-cot' comments!

·
Banned
558 Posts
Where is you evidence for that assessment then Brian?
Let's talk it throgh next time we meet - I think there are lots of clues!
However, in the mean time take any point are argue the opposite point of view? It's all just conjecture?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure I see the benefit of this kind of conjecture or supposition in public. In fact, it can stir up negative views in others that are not necessarily warranted and may well be completely incorrect.

This is nothing but guess work and supposition. Why not stick to more solid ground and use the facts. That way we cannot be criticised for crying wolf when there may be nothing to cry about?

As for EV being an experiment that has failed... IMO you can not be more wrong and neither is there any evidence to suggest that OLEV is thinking that way. In fact, I see the complete opposite.

Your assessment seems way off to me.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm out today, but before I go - an interim response. .. clearly an interim response (nor a full response) were going to be considered. So I will waste no further effort!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
You can post URLs, absolutely no reason not to, either just the URL or using "BB Code" will work.

If using third party apps it may be different, they tend to reduce the quality of the experience.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Brian... I can reject anything I like. You have no right to tell me what I can reject or not. Most of what you post here is nothing more than your option and if you don't backup your opinions with evidence to support them then they can be just dismissed.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Sorry Brian... I can reject anything I like. You have no right to tell me what I can reject or not. Most of what you post here is nothing more than your option and if you don't backup your opinions with evidence to support them then they can be just dismissed.
People can record their rejection simply by saying nothing. Intemperate language as above is simply a desire to censor comment that you don't agree with - rather than leave it to others to comment freely.
I did posted an 'interim comment' about the Transport Select Committee pending time this evening to outline observation from the LowCVP sub-groups, which I reported, in full to EVDA, in Dec last.
Its not simply my opinion - my comments are based on published reports and published statistics.
Since you have taken it upon your yourself to denounce reasoned argument supported by evidence - then my input is a futile exercise.
I'm happy to wait until OLEV produce their revised strategy - then will can judge whether my "winds of change" comments were valid!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People can record their rejection simply by saying nothing.
Saying nothing is not a rejection... it is saying nothing either way!

Intemperate language as above is simply a desire to censor comment that you don't agree with - rather than leave it to others to comment freely.
Anyone who knows anything of me at all will know that I never want to censor others. I just want a fair and open discussion and I don't believe that your comments are fair or open. You make statements as if they are fact without qualification. When did you last use any words such as "in my opinion" or "possibly" or "perhaps it is so" or any other language that suggests that your comment was a opinion that might be wrong?

I have no problem with you saying anything you want and holding any opinion you want but by saying it you have to accept that others may challenge what you say and possibly disagree.

I did posted an 'interim comment' about the Transport Select Committee pending time this evening to outline observation from the LowCVP sub-groups, which I reported, in full to EVDA, in Dec last.
Its not simply my opinion - my comments are based on published reports and published statistics.
Firstly, I am not a member of the EVDA so I have no idea of anything you might have reported to them.

If it is not just your opinion then why are you complaining at me asking for evidence. If you have the evidence then tell us about it or else say it is an opinion. You can't have it both ways. Just because you say it is true it doesn't make it so no matter how much you would like it to.

Since you have taken it upon your yourself to denounce reasoned argument supported by evidence - then my input is a futile exercise.
I haven't done anything of the sort. I challenged your statements and asked for evidence and you refused to do so. If you cannot backup your statements with the evidence that you claim exists then your contribution can only be considered opinion. Whether it is futile or not only you can decide.

I'm happy to wait until OLEV produce their revised strategy - then will can judge whether my "winds of change" comments were valid!
You may be right regarding the winds of change. Perhaps you are... but that is just your opinion.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm pretty annoyed with OLEV at the moment as well...

I've been waiting months for even a date when a new EVSE can be installed. So many people without EVs or even an intention to buy an EV have taken up the free offers that the whole system is broken.

I'm sure it looks good that so many grants have been used up, but people who actually need it are left high and dry.

/Rant
Really? I contacted Phoenix Works (yorkshire) , signed the paperwork and my Rolec requested 32A Type 2 socket is being installed in 2 weeks in Hampshire as they tie it up with another job...... They've been superb on all the pre-install dialogue...

Reactions: hopbackguy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts