Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
I think this is a sad refection of Renault's priorities. The target for a car doing <3,000 miles pa is surely an OAP? The OAPs will have said that the current contracts show more miles that they normally use, which is undoubtedly true. But to rope the old codger (probably owning a low mileage Clio) into a ZOE smacks of exploitation? The OAP can probably afford to buy the car - but the battery rental is a constant - until they fall off the perch.
We've got a relative who could be 'trapped'. He's over 80 and has already traded 20K miles Clios in for new cars - twice! He didn't need a new car the first time and the 2nd time, but I confidently expect him to fall for this one!
I what does Renault do with battery leased vehicle, when someone dies - probably repossess it for the first 3 months unpaid rentals! Good ethical business Renault?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Renault announces ZOE purchase incentives | Next Green Car

To be honest though, if they just had a "don't have crappy dealers" incentive I'd probably be driving one now, and I've heard the same from too many others to not believe it's a good idea!?
To be fair I was talking to a salesman at a local BSM Renault - and he said they have a HUGE turnover of employees. So your right they must be crappy employers, but I no longer blame the guy selling - its horrible working for a company that does not train you and your just expected to get on with it. It seems to be a trend in BSM, when they took over Gordon Lamb's the employees were moaning about the management style being cut throat.

I can't say its the same for all Renaults dealerships, Nicolas Raimo has hinted on youtube that Lookers are not that great either.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT-Line R135 Rapid Charge in Flame Red 😀
550 Posts

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,745 Posts
Reactions: Umpa

·
1,745 Posts
Reactions: rjo103

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
Something that's been playing on my mind too.

Noticed that a local dealer had an i model, (no battery lease), it was a 2013 model, for around £1k less than a 2016 with a lease.... decisions, decisions.
He's a used car salesman.
Would you expand on what you mean as I don't understand the significance.
I think its more a statement of absolute fact.

Mainly trade in posh German cars but "EVNick" sells the odd Zoe.

" Buy from EV Nick the famous Zoe Youtuber, A Zoe Owner him self he can tell you everything you need to know about this great little Electric cars!" In his own words.

Personal view is more infamous than famous, doesn't listen to other Zoe owners, posts inaccurate videos because they look nicer (his words). I shan't elaborate further.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
560 Posts
Thanks, Sandy.

I am aware of him because I am a member on FB of that group that shan't be named.

·
1,745 Posts
I think its more a statement of absolute fact.

Mainly trade in posh German cars but "EVNick" sells the odd Zoe.

" Buy from EV Nick the famous Zoe Youtuber, A Zoe Owner him self he can tell you everything you need to know about this great little Electric cars!" In his own words.

Personal view is more infamous than famous, doesn't listen to other Zoe owners, posts inaccurate videos because they look nicer (his words). I shan't elaborate further.
That's about the size of it. He and his sidekick also dislike SpeakEV. We're all Zoe haters on here, apparently. They each have a brain the size of a pea so I'm rather glad they're not on here.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
Nothing wrong with Nic, I speak with him a lot - Leave him be.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If your R model looks like his you have a Q. The R has a black plastic bit which looks a bit like an ICE air filter.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
Ah right yes that's what I have - I see his point now. - cheers! (I removed the video as no need for it now)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
We ordered the R and got a Q by accident. I don't really know the benefits of the Q given its charge characteristic.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
We ordered the R and got a Q by accident. I don't really know the benefits of the Q given its charge characteristic.
I was just thinking that - an R 22 and a Q 22 are nothing more than cosmetically different to me..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts