Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
A delivery trip, perhaps?

Registered
Hi. That's a regular charge point for me now that a CCS has been installed alongside the CHAdeMO's. In fact my profile pic was taken there:)

Loadshedding
I took a left turn recently into Long Bennington on the old A1. which is just North of Grantham. A great place for a break.. Also a great place a for a Rapid to compete with Grantham's and no doubt just as quick as we wouldn't have to manouvre around all the parking at the services.Nothing like a bit of healthy competition

Registered
I used to stop there for an EH top up on my regular run to Suffolk - but now charge at the 8 bay Supercharger on the same site but just opposite the Hotel. Last time I was there on Saturday afternoon there was a Leaf and a Zoe charging on the EH as well as 3 Teslas on the SuCs.

Busy place.... just a shame the services are so rubbish.

Registered
Haven't Nissan announced they are rolling out an extra 1000 CHAdeMO chargers across Europe via their usual partners, so hopefully finally some new chargers on the EH next year.

Registered
Over three years since my post (6 above this one) and still the next CCS north of here on the A1 is Ferrybridge.

Inertiaville:sleep:

Loadshedding
Good to see the thread activated again, after all this a main road linking to Capital cities.my point is that all the chargers don't need to be at Grantham and sometimes service stations are difficult to access for recharging.Its good to see other charging companies coming onto the market and hopefully one will spot an opportunity on this route. Long Bennington would be an excellent example of such a site and a driver may even be able to charge more rapidly as a result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts