Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two weeks I have been trying to cancel my 'pre-order' ID3. I decided a while back that I don't want the car, but didn't get around to it. You would think this is a simple thing, but each time I try, I get the following message:

"Your pre-booking has failed to cancel, please try again.
We are sorry. An error occured during the cancellation of your ID.3 1ST Pre-Booking. Please retry to cancel your pre-booking or contact us."

After trying for two weeks, I tried to contact them and today I was called by a VW service chap who told me VW have a software fault and they are trying to deal with it as no one can cancel their order. He explained at length that backend engineers are working hard to get it sorted.

So I asked if he could manually cancel the order, to which he replied "No". Apparently it is not possible. The only way to cancel an order is online and he could not do it. I asked if they knew when it would be sorted and they don't know (those pesky backend engineers are probably working on the ID3). The recommendation is to keep trying each day and call them in a couple of weeks if it hasn't worked.

The only apology made is that a dealer may call me to convert the order into a sale as they can't cancel it 馃槅

So, goodness know's what is going to happen with the actual car when it does arrive.

Registered
I'd suggest serving notice on VW GB of your intention to cancel with immediate effect and if you paid your deposit via Credit Card get them involved.

Registered
What on earth are they playing at? I've gone from feeling sorry for VW to just...I dont know! Just shameful behaviour. The entire model of their business; the dealers, the software, they are just in serious trouble in my opinion

Registered
I wonder if they've been employing ex-Boeing software people...

Reactions: Panda

Registered
I wonder if they've been employing ex-Boeing software people...
If they have then they'll swap the accelerator and brake pedals over but only point it out in the small print on page 300 of the manual.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I got a call today from a dealer asking when I wanted to call in to convert my deposit to an order. I told him that I wanted to cancel. He said, you will need to do that online. Doh! :oops:

Reactions: The4Rs

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
If they have then they'll swap the accelerator and brake pedals over but only point it out in the small print on page 300 of the manual.
A little unfair.

I think you mean it will randomly drive into a tree unless you are signalling left and activating the screen-wash wipe system at the same time.

This 鈥榝eature鈥 is clearly outlined in page 157 of the manual, under the section labelled 鈥楾roubleshooting鈥.

Registered
Strangely I had two cars produced by the same company within 6 months of each other, one with a central accelerator and one with the conventional layout. I was so used to the former that it was the latter I made the occasional mistake with which wasn't clever as it had a 50% bigger engine and worse brakes. Guess which one I still have ...... :rolleyes: the slower one :cool:

The experience of a 1930 car is so different to a modern that you aren't confused by the differences until it is between two cars of the same period when my brain couldn't compute back to the modern normal in something that felt it should be different.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
The ID.3 software surely will not be worse than the Tesla M3's terrible Software, watch my thoughts here:
Sounds like the Tesla software is too complicated for you. Better you stick to the VAG stuff, it sounds awesome.

I鈥檓 sure we鈥檙e all grateful for you taking a day to make this video, I鈥檇 never have known. What with driving a Tesla for the past five years.

Registered
Sounds like the Tesla software is too complicated for you. Better you stick to the VAG stuff, it sounds awesome.

I鈥檓 sure we鈥檙e all grateful for you taking a day to make this video, I鈥檇 never have known. What with driving a Tesla for the past five years.
If you have driven it for 5 years what improvements would you like to see in your Tesla software?

Registered

Don't take your head out of the sand. Stay in the unicorn land.
Marcus , you are asking Tesla fanboy to think. This will never happen.
That thread is pretty telling:
I had good laugh reading it. Unicorn boy is there giving advises. Best advice ever - if you don't like the range, change your display from miles to %. With other words put you head in the sand, don't think.
As I said before if Tesla software was any good , they will not constantly update it. They update it because there is problems.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Just face it, VAG can鈥檛 keep up with the white heat of software innovations at Tesla:

Once I have this, I think I鈥檒l be complete...

Registered
You will be complete if you car can play music through external speakers? Really? Tesla is so ahead with this and farting. I don't want my car to play music through external speakers. I want to choose to have or not to have glass roof. Why I have to buy a car with glass roof and to put sunshade on it? Stupid idea.
About VAG cars, I like them, but I am not blind. I can see that Soul EV have some advantages over ID3 First edition(we don't know much about it and we don't have owners opinion about ID3, so I can be wrong). Like Soul EV have heat pump. I think Kia/Hyundai have the best recuperation system, with the best operation. They have HUD now. Bigger battery and range. Yes, ID3 will charge faster. Soul is more conventional inside with better price.

Registered
As I said before if Tesla software was any good , they will not constantly update it. They update it because there is problems.
Software improvements and bug fixes come via updates, that's a positive not a negative and if you look at all the other manufacturers, they are following in Tesla's footsteps or trying to.
Without constant change and improvement in firmware / software updates, the VW ID.3 would have probably been axed as their current solution is not fit for purpose.

Everybody is trying to copy, better or beat Tesla.... the reason for this is simple, they are the BEST on many different fronts and will always be a head of the market. Kind of like Apple and the iPhone.

:D

Registered
Everybody is trying to copy, better or beat Tesla.... the reason for this is simple, they are the BEST on many different fronts and will always be a head of the market. Kind of like Apple and the iPhone.
Except on reliability of course, which along with cost is why they are not part of my shortlist. WHICH have Telsa down as second worst car manufacturer according to ownership feedback.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
1 - 20 of 42 Posts