Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I know we talk about how to price charging by time, kwh, overstay fees, parking, etc. but we don't necessarily discuss as much the extreme cases.

I am still in awe of how expensive this charge I did in France cost me last month:

This works out to what 0.87EUR/kWh... or 75p/kWh approx.

The only price I've seen worse is the charge I did at a Source London charge point for £24.86 which probably netted me max 2-3 kWh... I was really desperate for parking in Mayfair, lol.

What's the worst pricing you've ever seen?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's nothing.

I think I paid around €19 for charging my Zoe on Corri-Door. :)
I really don't understand why they are so expensive compared to their competition!

At least all of the charging networks run by Bolloré are predictably overpriced, but come with 'value add' such as included parking. You know in advance that you'll get ripped off for the convenience.

But for rapid charging on a trip, this is just mental. The crazy thing about how extreme Corri-Door is, is to compare them to the network of chargers at Auchan on the Kiwhi network... example 6kWh for 0.70EUR... it's like more than 10x expensive at Corri-Door.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mainly because they charge by the minute and I had a car that could only charge at 22kW.
Mine is limited to 40kw speed... so not much better than you, especially if I'm not fully depleted! omg

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I was charged £1 for use of a slow charger hidden away near Morrison's supermarket in Kirkcaldy.
An extortion...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Charged at A25 Aire de Saint-Laurent, Steenvoorde (Corri-Door), 30 mins 13kWh, cost me 6.60 euros, which was the cheapest charged I had on my trip. The most expensive I had was at Lombardenstrasse 12-22, Aachen, 30 mins 5.7kWh, cost me 13.75 euros.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’m quite pleased with this charge - running at 94p/minute. Most expensive by a margin but I have no objection to paying 43p/kWh when it actually delivers 150kW!
63.115 kWh29 min£27.14

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m quite pleased with this charge - running at 94p/minute. Most expensive by a margin but I have no objection to paying 43p/kWh when it actually delivers 150kW!
63.115 kWh29 min£27.14
oh wow... that's like about 6x more power than I usually put into my ancient IMIEV... absolutely legendary future that is coming our way!

Reactions: lne

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Charged at A25 Aire de Saint-Laurent, Steenvoorde (Corri-Door), 30 mins 13kWh, cost me 6.60 euros, which was the cheapest charged I had on my trip. The most expensive I had was at Lombardenstrasse 12-22, Aachen, 30 mins 5.7kWh, cost me 13.75 euros.
How did they meter that? Connection charge and time? That's pretty crazy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I once got a £10 overstay charge so about ~£1/kWh in the UK.
oh noooo... how long did you have to stay for that... isn't that at least 90 mins?

·
Registered
69 Posts
oh wow... that's like about 6x more power than I usually put into my ancient IMIEV... absolutely legendary future that is coming our way!
This is what’s required in every service station to make BEVs with big ranges viable! A 50kW charger is really useless if you have a 100kWh battery in your car :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what’s required in every service station to make BEVs with big ranges viable! A 50kW charger is really useless if you have a 100kWh battery in your car :)
Totally agree... I rocked up with my teeny battery at an Ecotricity charging station with zero bars and there were 2 40 kwh Leafs trying to go for 80... was like FFS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts