Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is due it's first MOT this month. Also planning on extending the VW warranty.
Are there any benefits of taking the car to VW for MOT while within original warranty and then extended? It's more convenient for me to go to VW but the cost is much higher for the test and I would need a hire car.
Are they likely to find something that would need looking at under the warranty? Currently runs fine. Service isn't due for a while yet but would also be interested in how important it is to have it serviced by VW to maintain warranty?

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Are there any benefits of taking the car to VW for MOT while within original warranty and then extended? It's more convenient for me to go to VW but the cost is much higher for the test and I would need a hire car.
Apart from your convenience, no. An MOT is an MOT.
Are they likely to find something that would need looking at under the warranty?
They'll probably run their health check thing, so should pick up potential problems but it depends very much on the garage - some will tell you what needs attention honestly, some will just try and drum up some easy business, some will do the bare minimum.
Service isn't due for a while yet but would also be interested in how important it is to have it serviced by VW to maintain warranty?
I think the warranty needs you to get the car serviced by an authorised VW garage. This doesn't mean it needs to be serviced by VW, just somebody that they've approved, so you can use an independent if they've been appropriately blessed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts