Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Tyres/suspension/brakes - all consumables to be fair. Should have just had an independent change them, balljoints are bread and butter back street mechanic work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
:p

"Under the Arches" mechanic, preferably with an electrified railway above so the Zoe feels at home
I'm from down south - not many railway arches with workshop in unfortunately...

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,674 Posts
I'm from down south - not many railway arches with workshop in unfortunately...
Are you sure, because there's definitely one in Albert Square.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Strange how a car can pass an MOT with nary a mention, then a fortnight later get a recommendation for new discs and pads, when in for a service at a main dealer...

'Badly corroded. We can replace for £350 while it's up on the ramp'

You can sod off, that's what you can do...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Strange how a car can pass an MOT with nary a mention, then a fortnight later get a recommendation for new discs and pads, when in for a service at a main dealer...

You can sod off, that's what you can do...
The difference is that the MOT does not permit parts to be removed from the car for the inspection. Everything is tested in place.

However, I'd look at the discs myself in this instance.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
he difference is that the MOT does not permit parts to be removed from the car for the inspection.
So it sounds like your dealer hasn't taken anything off. MOT tester will have had car up on ramp too. Badly corroded discs would be visible from inside face.... they don't just rust on 1 side. More so you would see "bad corrosion" looking through the wheel. You would most certainly feel badly corroded discs too when braking.

I'd always argue pads are made from a softer material than discs for a reason.... you'll get at least 2 sets of pads to a set of discs unless you've been driving with the pads down to the backing for thousands of screeching miles.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't remember clocking any evidence of an issue with mine. Its the kind of thing I just tend to see. Like tyre condition.

I'll check when I get it back out of interest... certainly no noise or dodgy feel from them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
17 Participants
foureyes
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing