Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 4 motability customers contact us last week stating the dealers will not release their vehicles unit they have proof that a home charge unit has been fitted?!?
Thought the first guy was confused and had his wires crossed - excuse the pun, but 3 others have confirmed the same. Quite responsible from motability possibly worried about their clients pluging extension cables into bits of bell wire but the customers are given very little info and I'm not sure what we are going to say to a customer who lives in a block of flats!
Great that motability have added to their list, gx3 model only.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is so much mis information out there for them it's shocking. The guy we sorted yesterday was nearly in tears at the customer service he was given. Dealer suggested CM aswell but they stated November install! Think the independent guys will argue the toss with them if they state they will only accept BG installs.
It's his fault didn't make your meet yesterday. Hope it went well for you.

·
Super Moderator
7,505 Posts
Is this specifically for outlanders you're talking?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These customers were, said it came on the scheme 1st October. Guy yesterday had an evo x3 little sports car phev on order then opens the garage...........red Ferrari! Like you do. Think the cars were worth more than the house.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Had a call today from the EV Motability team, to make sure we were aware of the various issues of the Nisan Leaf, mostly to do with range and charging. As we have our own drive, new fuse box and a good mobile phone signal, all was OK. We then talked about the need to have a fixed charge point installed and that the order could not complete until Motability received a copy of the "install certificate". I asked the guy if it was OK to go with ROLEC as they are offering a 32amp unit for free and British Gas are asking for £99 to upgrade to their 32amp unit. He said it was OK and all that concerned Motability was that the install complied with OLEV. At no time did he say we must go with British Gas.

Regards Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,892 Posts
Hi

Had a call today from the EV Motability team, to make sure we were aware of the various issues of the Nisan Leaf, mostly to do with range and charging. As we have our own drive, new fuse box and a good mobile phone signal, all was OK. We then talked about the need to have a fixed charge point installed and that the order could not complete until Motability received a copy of the "install certificate". I asked the guy if it was OK to go with ROLEC as they are offering a 32amp unit for free and British Gas are asking for £99 to upgrade to their 32amp unit. He said it was OK and all that concerned Motability was that the install complied with OLEV. At no time did he say we must go with British Gas.

Regards Mark
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I asked what would happen if once the Charger was fitted and paid for by the OLEV grant, you moved home.

1: The charger must stay at the installation address, for 3 years.
2: The charger and transmitter needs to be kept working for 3 years.
3: If you cannot live with 1 and 2 above do not get the OLEV grant.

What I am trying to find out is once you move you will have no control over what happens to the charger, it could be left working, turned off, or sold.

Now would OLEV ask for their money back? If so from whom?

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had 4 motability customers contact us last week stating the dealers will not release their vehicles unit they have proof that a home charge unit has been fitted?!?
Thought the first guy was confused and had his wires crossed - excuse the pun, but 3 others have confirmed the same. Quite responsible from motability possibly worried about their clients pluging extension cables into bits of bell wire but the customers are given very little info and I'm not sure what we are going to say to a customer who lives in a block of flats!
Great that motability have added to their list, gx3 model only.
British Gas were not helpful at all to me. So, I went to Charging Salutions and they installed a 32am charger for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just joined after searching for this topic. We had a delivery date of 16th Feb, then the dealer said you need this certificate proof of charger install before release. Charger install is only 5th March. I am hoping we can email this certificate on Thursday and get the car Friday but not getting any info from dealer.
Can anyone shed any real world experience please on how you got on?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts