Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I call fake otherwise the motorbike rider has come up with a way to break the laws of physics, the momentum that threw him up onto the roof has to go somewhere you cant just stop without the energy going somewhere

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I call fake otherwise the motorbike rider has come up with a way to break the laws of physics, the momentum that threw him up onto the roof has to go somewhere you cant just stop without the energy going somewhere
The car was moving forward too though, so bike hits car and he's flung forward while it's all moving, then it slows to a stop. It's not like he lands on a parked or still object.

If it's fake I then wonder what it's for.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
unless the car and his forward momentum are matched perfectly he would overshoot, car roofs are not exactly high friction

Come on if you going to open Pandora's box as to why people create fake videos the whole reason for the internet is going to unravel :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Momentum is only conserved in an isolated system, and the car is not isolated as the ground is exerting a force on its tyres via external friction force, in the same way that momentum isn't conserved when you run into a brick wall, either.

Momentum is however conserved in the frame of reference of the road rather than the car.

Still might be fake but there are no laws being broken.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I didn't think 'fake' when I watched it. But then after a few watches it is curious how the cheesy pop track on the radio builds to a crescendo just as the bike hits...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts