Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there people who have their 225xe chip and how much horsepower do they have now? or is the engine in our car in something else and that produces more horsepower than ours?

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
99 Posts
I don't think many, if any have bothered to have the car chipped, you can get a maximum of 225 bhp out of it using battery and petrol and as it is four wheel drive no mad wheel spin either!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,151 Posts
Also seems to blow up your turbo. Find the thread where an owner had the unexpected finding that his had been 'chipped' by a previous owner and successive turbo failures later are not covered under warranty.

Really, hybrids are not meant to be 'chipped', it is pointless to do that, the electric motor is your 'chip'.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also seems to blow up your turbo. Find the thread where an owner had the unexpected finding that his had been 'chipped' by a previous owner and successive turbo failures later are not covered under warranty.

Really, hybrids are not meant to be 'chipped', it is pointless to do that, the electric motor is your 'chip'.
To be fair, nothing's meant to be chipped...if the manufacturer wanted it to be that way, they'd have done it from the factory. Guess we need to ask what the chip is for. If it's economy, general usability etc then yes, absolutely, the electric bit should be doing that for you. If it's so you can win the pub competition of who has the biggest horsepowers, then we are beyond the realm of rational debate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are absolutely right and I did not intend to chip him, was only curious because so much is being chipped and then specely BMW's

·
Registered
40 Leaf
125 Posts
That was me I was sold it like that by BMW!

Approved used my arse!

It devoured 2 turbos threw constant drive train errors and finally the 3rd cylinder’s piston let go of its con rod on an A road and caused that much damage it had to have a new engine!!

£12,500 bill (fortunately covered by BMW because the dealer never spotted the remap)

DONT CHIP IT!
ITS NOT WORTH IT!
IT WILL BREAK.... BADLY!

I have over 20 pictures like this from my 14 months of ownership and it spent 12 weeks of those 14 months at the dealer in bits, lots of bits!

You have been warned! 🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts