Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it occurred to me that that there might be power connectors for both sides of the car and it might be possible to have a motorised passenger seat too.

this leads to two questions
1/ does the exclusive have wiring on both sides?
2/ does the excite have the wiring for motorised seats, just the seats are manual?

then in theory it might be possible to buy a motorised passenger seat from a country where they drive on the wrong side of the road and retrofit it? We in the UK just need to wait for someone to crash theirs on the europeand mainland or vice versa ;-)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
it occurred to me that that there might be power connectors for both sides of the car and it might be possible to have a motorised passenger seat too.

this leads to two questions
1/ does the exclusive have wiring on both sides?
2/ does the excite have the wiring for motorised seats, just the seats are manual?

then in theory it might be possible to buy a motorised passenger seat from a country where they drive on the wrong side of the road and retrofit it? We in the UK just need to wait for someone to crash theirs on the europeand mainland or vice versa ;-)
My guess would be that it is the same wiring loom for both EV models.
Therefore, I would expect the Excite model to be carrying the wiring plugs necessary under the seats.
A bit of a rummage under the seat of an Excite would quickly confirm this theory.
The front manual seat in the passengers side, does not have the capacity to be raised up like the drivers seat either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts