Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family are in the process of moving from our 2013 e-Up! to a 2014 e-Golf, the main reasons being one extra seat and a little more range.

The Golf has arrived (thanks Tim) and we still have the e-Up! on the drive currently although will be selling it soon.

Early observations are that the e-Golf does seem to have about 15 or 20 more miles of range, it has a lot more equipment and feels more refined, but that the Up actually feels quicker away from the lights (the figures says it's slower to 60) and the Up feels like you are sitting higher.

I was surprised on the drive home from picking up the Golf (340 miles) that the Golf seems to consume a similar amount of juice at 70 mph as the Up, perhaps it is lower? it is certainly heavier.

Anyway I know a few folk on here have had or driven both any thoughts on pro's and con's or what you like or miss?

I perhaps should have started this in the e-Golf subsection?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Our family are in the process of moving from our 2013 e-Up! to a 2014 e-Golf, the main reasons being one extra seat and a little more range.

The Golf has arrived (thanks Tim) and we still have the e-Up! on the drive currently although will be selling it soon.

Early observations are that the e-Golf does seem to have about 15 or 20 more miles of range, it has a lot more equipment and feels more refined, but that the Up actually feels quicker away from the lights (the figures says it's slower to 60) and the Up feels like you are sitting higher.

I was surprised on the drive home from picking up the Golf (340 miles) that the Golf seems to consume a similar amount of juice at 70 mph as the Up, perhaps it is lower? it is certainly heavier.

Anyway I know a few folk on here have had or driven both any thoughts on pro's and con's or what you like or miss?

I perhaps should have started this in the e-Golf subsection?
Have you got a price in mind for the e-go?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,176 Posts
Is an e-Up! on the 'going up' side of an e-Golf? Is it a move up to go from a Move-Up! to an e-Up! and are you still moving up if you move away from an Up! ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts