Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't expect too much from the MMCS. Such as anything that makes any sense, for example :confused:

Badger is correct, for some bizarre reason it can only cope with double figures (in UK units at least). Some users have found that you can get it to display three figures briefly, by toggling between UK and European units and back again. Doesn't work with mine though and in any event I believe it only lasts until next restart :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Also, if you have it on Auto-reset (as you do in the piccy), then the figures reset four hours after use. Thus, if your last trip was all electric and there was a our hour gap since you used petrol, it won't show up.

If you want a longer period of data analysis, mpg, etc., then you hit the Manual button (bottom left of Eco display) and it only resets when you request it manually.

If that makes sense ...

Eugene

·
Registered
69 Posts
BUT, bear in mind that it will revert to Auto mode at the next restart. This puzzled me somewhat at first, until I realised that the car keeps 2 parallel sets of data - Manual mode and Auto mode - and you can toggle between the sets via the Trip screen.

Also, the mpg in Manual mode works okay, but the car doesn't retain some or all of the other data. For example the %EV gets lost every 4 hours, even in Manual mode :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some users have found that you can get it to display three figures briefly, by toggling between UK and European units and back again. Doesn't work with mine though and in any event I believe it only lasts until next restart :rolleyes:
I've now solved this mystery - on the 1st tab of the trip screen (the one with the 3 circles) you can 'trick' the MMCS into displaying 3 figures as described. However this does not work on the 3rd tab (the one in the OP's picture), nor does it work for the display in the middle of the speedo screen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've now solved this mystery - on the 1st tab of the trip screen (the one with the 3 circles) you can 'trick' the MMCS into displaying 3 figures as described. However this does not work on the 3rd tab (the one in the OP's picture), nor does it work for the display in the middle of the speedo screen.
Can anyone tell me how to toggle between UK and European units - thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you quit the Units screen after changing? You need to change to L/100km, exit the screen, then go back into it and change it back to UK mpg. Assuming you have some data (ie. you haven't just switched on after 4+ hours and have actually used some petrol) you should then see the 3 digit mpg on the first Trip tab (ie. in the circle) - it doesn't work for the figures on the third tab of the Trip screen, nor the figures between the dials on the dash. And it will only work until you next power down. Once you restart it will be back to 0.0 or --.--.

It is frustrating I agree - not the most impressive piece of Japanese engineering...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, 9 days an owner and managed 490 miles. Not been on a huge long 'petrol run' yet and quite frustrated I can't see the overall mpg because I've so far managed over 100mpg. You can drive and see it move up to 99.9 mpg (on manual) and then show --.- between the dials. Annoying not to be able to see the overall mpg when we have bought into a car that is all about economy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, 9 days an owner and managed 490 miles. Not been on a huge long 'petrol run' yet and quite frustrated I can't see the overall mpg because I've so far managed over 100mpg. You can drive and see it move up to 99.9 mpg (on manual) and then show --.- between the dials. Annoying not to be able to see the overall mpg when we have bought into a car that is all about economy!
I joined fuelly.com so that I can get someone else to calculate my mpg based on my odometer and fill ups. Into second week and still only two blocks down on the fuel gauge whee!

·
Registered
499 Posts
No there's definitely settings for UK gallons. But if you want the figure to appear in your signature correctly, you have to select UK mpg again somewhere in the 'signature' settings - it is a bit fiddly.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Badger is correct, for some bizarre reason it can only cope with double figures (in UK units at least).
I think it was the same with the Prius. It wouldn't give a figure for mpg over 99.9. I thought it was fun to think that my driving was too good for the car!

·
Registered
625 Posts
i have been mainly using electric for the last couple of days but i did use petrol for a few miles.MPG is showing as 0.0. any suggestions?
How do you get this EV information screen on the Outlander PHEV head unit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts