Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had screen corruption as per the attached? Mine corrupts pretty much daily and only option is to reboot. Am tempted to turn pin to drive off as I often can't drive the car until ive wait for it to reboot! Im getting bored of it making me late for work :rolleyes:. The other day it totally died and the only option was to break into the frunk and jump the 12v battery, which I loved in the rain!

Also Tesla have said my connection issues are due to poor signal of just 1 bar, but ive been looking at the signal indicator and don't think ive ever seen more than 3 LTE bars. Its usually one and very ocassionally two. Has anyone ever seen the elusive 4 or 5 bars? Maybe its just how they report it and unrelated.

Im not getting anywhere with Tesla support sadly and am trying to work out if it really is just a software issue they are fixing as they say or my MCU is b*gg3r3d. Its been doing it regularly for about 3 months now.

Enter your PIN to drive.. errrrrr:

So you want to get out of the BT screen do you?

Let the reversing camera show what's behind you!

Maybe I'll just show you multiple settings screens on one to save time:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get it into a service centre as looks like MCU replacement is on the cards...
Thanks,

service centre have just said it will be fixed with a future software update but I also feel it’s a hardware issue so just trying to gauge if I’m being fobbed off again or if others are experiencing it too!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'd personally drive in and show them the pictures and that it's getting worse as well. A video or two of it may help.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'd personally drive in and show them the pictures and that it's getting worse as well. A video or two of it may help.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I had similar before my MCU completely failed. Mine is also a 2015 car, with 50k miles (much sitting on M25, so the hours writing to the flash drive will be very high).

I also only tend to see 1 and 2 bars on LTE, possibly max 3 or 4. I was blaming our crap telecoms infrastructure, but our M3 consistently shows much higher in the same places.

As an aside my original MCU was only 3G, so nice to get an upgrade, although I have not noticed a speed increase.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After getting nowhere with Tesla support and being unable to schedule a service for this kind of issue I think I’ve found a workaround for the screen corruption by turning off pin to drive. It’s seems to have gone away for now but of course not happy about the decreased security! The issue has been around so long I have little faith Tesla has any interest in fixing issues with older cars.

Its still a great car, but all these issues (increased vampire drain, nurfed charging speeds etc), are not really acceptable for a car thats not that old!

anyway hopefully the above will help others with the same issue at least.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
This sounds like the onset of the inevitable failure of the eMMC in the MCU1. These guys will replace it for a fraction of the price Tesla charge. The sooner it’s done the easier the job as there’s less corruption.

I’ve no experience of the myself but excellent reviews from owners who’ve used them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts