Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying what I thought was a CPO 75d. Now that they've sent photos, I see it's a 60d which presumably has been upgraded at some point.
If this is the case- can't they also change the screen (see attachment) or would that always stay the same? Presuming they can rebadge the back?

Also, while I'm at it- what sort of efficiency figures are these?? Coming from an Ioniq, I'm more used to miles per kwH- but those figures look bad no? Might it be because it's been standing still for some time?

Thoughts on both gratefully received..

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
Well, a 218 mile or so rated range would suggest it has been upgraded.

Looks like the car has been on lots of test drives -it should be somewhere under 400 Wh/mile in normal use.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the screen says Model S 60D. Could this also be upgraded or will this always remain the same?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks for your help. I'm buying CPO so I hoped they would have done all this pre-sale. Not getting much communication back from them at the moment, which is why I'm posting here!

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
If they have the V5 they could get a confirmation email from Tesla. Or it should show on a My Tesla account page.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Someone has been hammering that, although not as much as the Model X P100D at auction recently which had done about 8,000 miles with a lifetime W/m of 900w... I had to look twice to make sure I was reading it correctly.

I had a Model S P90DL on loan for a 4 day weekend and drove like I had stolen it and was a little off 600W/m in that.

You should be looking at about 320 or so in that, I have covered over 50k in my 85D which wont be dissimilar, summer and winter balances, and if you have to use the M4 any time in the next 2 years you will be travelling at 55mph, which even in some recent single digit weather, has seen me hitting 158W/m for a 22 mile commute.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I’m a bit suspicious that’s still a 60D. I have a 75D that was a 60D, and it’s an OTA update that changes the binnacle display to 75D. Took about 10 minutes when I did it. The only requirement for a Service Centre visit was for a new badge on the back.

I don’t know what the rated range would be on a 60D, I’ll have a look and see what mine is tomorrow and maybe that’ll help.

For info my lifetime Wh/m is 336 with 41k on the clock, mostly suburban rather than motorway.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Random guess.

tesla took it in as a 60, took pictures, then like with Autopilot they enable all the software / upgrades they can before listing them. Hence it’s now an 75.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Random guess.

tesla took it in as a 60, took pictures, then like with Autopilot they enable all the software / upgrades they can before listing them. Hence it’s now an 75.
Aha!
Hope you're right. Though pic shows battery not quite full but range of 218. Does that sound right for an s60d?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
At 79% SoC my 75D is displaying 226 based on rated (180 on typical). I think the screenshot above is US based using the EPA where here we used the NEDC. I don’t have the 60D NEDC figure but for the 75D it was 304 imaginary miles. ;)

My 60D was 203 miles at 100% typical which increased to 239 after the upgrade.

@reserves may be right, that would be classic Tesla to get it all about face and add confusion :cautious:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yes, but the rated range is based on EPA, not NEDC.
I thought NEDC was the official measure in Europe and EPA the official in the USA, which was why a screen shot from the US design studio used to return different figures from a UK one :unsure:

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
I thought NEDC was the official measure in Europe and EPA the official in the USA, which was why a screen shot from the US design studio used to return different figures from a UK one :unsure:
Yes - but the rated range in the dash is still based on EPA. Suggesting that the car has been updated, corresponding to the range of a 75D.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The range on the dash varies depending on age. If the car is old enough it was neither EPA or NEDC or WLTP, for a 60D it is likely to be based on "Typical" and about 300w/m

If its a CPO car from Tesla then I would worry less so long as the paper work is correct and it states its a 75D. I could go with the theory that they've unpgraded it to sell it for more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have spoken to Tesla who have assured me the badging will be updated before collection.
Anything I should really look out for when picking it up?

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
Have spoken to Tesla who have assured me the badging will be updated before collection.
Anything I should really look out for when picking it up?
Well, it comes with a Tesla 50k warranty I assume?

In which case I think it’s sold as seen these days?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts